''An Unknown Error Occured During Registration. Please try again.''

by EmericusT

Original Post

Accepted Solution

''An Unknown Error Occured During Registration. Please try again.''

★★★ Newbie

Hi!

I've had Spore installed on my computer for a while but I have unfortunately lost the username/password that I used to play the game with. I wanted to create a new account to access the online features but have been told that you can only have one account per game you own. My original version of the game was the disc version so I decided to buy the Steam version.

However, when creating an account I keep getting the error message ''An unknown error occured during registration. Please try again''. This comes up when I try to use an existing EA account and when I try to create a new one via Spore.

Is there a way to resolve this? I've checked https://help.ea.com/en/article/creating-a-spore-screen-name/ and there isn't anything there which helps solve the problem.

Any help would be much appreciated! :D

Message 1 of 9 (10,920 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: ''An Unknown Error Occured During Registration. Please try again.''

@316171410smm wrote:

Yeah me too it is saying an unknown error occured but the only spore I have had is Spore Hero on the Wii I have never owned one on the computer

Hi @316171410smm

The servers of Spore Hero on Wii and other consoles have been shutdown for long time ago -> 30 june 2014

Therefore no login possible

Cheers

Liz

I don't work for EA, but I‘m the helping hands for Sims on Mac, Simpsons players …
Ich arbeite NICHT für EA. Bin aber seit mehr als 20 Jahren mit EA/Maxis Spiele verbunden.
❤️ TSTO - Die Simpsons Springfield
❤️ Sims Freeplay.. ❤️ Sims 2-3-4 auf MBP

Meine Sims 4 Geschichten und Kreationen 

View in thread

Message 5 of 9 (12,206 Views)

All Replies

Hello @EmericusT,

The problem is, you cannot a Spore copy transfer to a new account - acopy is linked with a persona.

In this case, you must contakt a Game Advisor

You can try it on Live Chat, email, or phone
http://help.ea.com/en/article/contact-ea-help/

1. Click the following link: https://help.ea.com/en/spore/spore/
2. Make sure you are logged in with your Origin ID
3. Choose your country (take a look right side upper navigation groin)
4. Press the orange button below right side "Contact us"
5. Follow the steps

Cheers

Liz

I don't work for EA, but I‘m the helping hands for Sims on Mac, Simpsons players …
Ich arbeite NICHT für EA. Bin aber seit mehr als 20 Jahren mit EA/Maxis Spiele verbunden.

Message 2 of 9 (10,873 Views)

★★★ Newbie

yea this happen to me to

Message 3 of 9 (10,850 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Yeah me too it is saying an unknown error occured but the only spore I have had is Spore Hero on the Wii I have never owned one on the computer

Message 4 of 9 (10,713 Views)

@316171410smm wrote:

Hi @316171410smm

The servers of Spore Hero on Wii and other consoles have been shutdown for long time ago -> 30 june 2014

Therefore no login possible

Cheers

Liz

Message 5 of 9 (12,207 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Uhh... I Tried To Go To That Website And It Says Does Not Exist...

Message 6 of 9 (10,311 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

how do I fix this problem

@EmericusT wrote:

Hi!

I've had Spore installed on my computer for a while but I have unfortunately lost the username/password that I used to play the game with. I wanted to create a new account to access the online features but have been told that you can only have one account per game you own. My original version of the game was the disc version so I decided to buy the Steam version.

However, when creating an account I keep getting the error message ''An unknown error occured during registration. Please try again''. This comes up when I try to use an existing EA account and when I try to create a new one via Spore.

Is there a way to resolve this? I've checked https://help.ea.com/en/article/creating-a-spore-screen-name/ and there isn't anything there which helps solve the problem.

Any help would be much appreciated! :D

Message 7 of 9 (9,532 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have been trying over and over again same results as you that really needs to be fixed.

Message 8 of 9 (9,492 Views)

★★★ Newbie

i also have this problem every time i put my origin login info but it always says a problem occurred during registration i have registered on spore.com and also when i input the steam spore game code in origin i select a spore game and it doesn't do anything so what now???

Message 9 of 9 (9,342 Views)