Re: 0x0ec02d4c.exe was not installed successfully - Spore C&C

by MorrysIllusion

Original Post

Accepted Solution

0x0ec02d4c.exe was not installed successfully - Spore C&C

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

apologies if this is a repeat post... i posted but it didnt show up after i posted.

bc i typed a lot in my last post and it didnt go up i will make it short:

i installed spore base game on Origin. i went to install C&C after but got these errors (in attached files)

Origin considers C&C installed still, but it doesnt show in the game at all.

pc specs:

windows 7 64bit

256GB RAM

Nvidia GTX geforce 1060 6GB

Intel Xeon Gold 6240 Processor

Message 1 of 5 (1,788 Views)

Accepted Solution

Message 5 of 5 (1,150 Views)

All Replies

Hi @MorrysIllusion 

Unfortunately, I cannot tell you, why you're getting this error message! Please contact a game advisor for further assistance

https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/new/

I don't work for EA, but I‘m the helping hands for Sims on Mac, Simpsons players …Ich arbeite NICHT für EA. Bin aber seit mehr als 20 Jahren mit EA/Maxis Spiele verbunden. Ich liebe das Mobile Gaming, besonders die Simpsons Springfield …

Die Simpsons Springfield -  Zeigt her euer Springfield

Die Sims 2 - Meine Stories

———-
Message 2 of 5 (1,730 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
@Freggi-Liz thank you, i will do that soon after trying a few things. i may be upgrading to windows 10 soon after i make sure other old programs work with it so that may eliminate the problem. if i have a solution i will come back to report it.
Message 3 of 5 (1,702 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

so i have not found a solution yet but i wanted to report back what i have tried mostly for my reference and for anyone coming by who wants to try things or whatever. should be said, I do not get this error when i install on Steam. have not tried the disc because i lost my old C&C download long ago.

support told me to do these things and they did not work

• completely uninstalled Origin "the hard way" and deleted all traces of Spore on my pc and also made sure nothing lingered on steam, just in case
  • installed microsoft vcredist packs all over again
  • clear cache
  • going to msconfig and turning off all services along with all startup processes, then restarting and installing again
  • made sure all security programs were off/have an exception for Origin
  • uninstall all microsoft VC++ packs, reinstall. repair the game or reinstall the game

it seems that none of the chat support knows the solution really, theyre just tossing me random things to try. ill be experimenting a bit more without their help because they close very early my time. if anyone else has ideas, let me know.

things i am going to try:

• install C&C on Steam and copy said files to Origin's install (i know, weird, but ive got nothing else to try really) nope
  • start up in safe mode and attempt to install there. nope
  • install C&C after the base game and GA nope
Message 4 of 5 (1,547 Views)

Message 5 of 5 (1,151 Views)