are asian and australian servers dead

by OutfoxedU

Original Post

Accepted Solution

are asian and australian servers dead

★★ Novice

Hi,

I m a german who has been living in asia for 9 years now.  On a trip to Germany I started playing PvZ GW2.

It was an awesome experience under normal circumstances ( normal Ping)

I tried both the Asian Server and the Australian Server, but there is really no one online. Are both servers dead?

Its still fun playing the awesome game on an american or europian server, but my Ping is now up to 7 or 8  times higher.

You can imagine how it feels like to play multiplayer matches when most players act 7 times faster then you due to

internet issues. Sometimes its funny too. E.g. you got eaten by a Chomper on the highest point of Superbrainz jump.

Looks like a big white shark catapulting itself 20m up in the air :-)

But seriously, has anybody here ever connected to multiplayer matches on either server succesfully?

Message 1 of 5 (4,529 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: are asian and australian servers dead

Hero (Retired)

I've spoken to a few Australian Players over the course of this year and the general consensus was that there were very few people playing on either the Australian or Asia Regional servers. I can remember conversations about it as far back as June and I've noticed threads on other sites as far back as March complaining about a dearth of players in those regions. 

View in thread

Message 2 of 5 (5,070 Views)

All Replies

Hero (Retired)

I've spoken to a few Australian Players over the course of this year and the general consensus was that there were very few people playing on either the Australian or Asia Regional servers. I can remember conversations about it as far back as June and I've noticed threads on other sites as far back as March complaining about a dearth of players in those regions. 

Message 2 of 5 (5,071 Views)

★★ Novice

Thank u for the reply.

I hoped to find players on the australian server :-(

The asian server is dead because generally in Asia no one buys games.

Everybody here uses cracked games.

I know a handful of local ppl. who d love to play, but they will never spend money.

Message 3 of 5 (4,486 Views)

★★★ Newbie

i play on the Australian servers every day generally and yes it has died down a lot my gamer tag is dreadseed218. most of the max ranks have moved on and now a days you only see the same people over and over again. you can find a full lobby only in the afternoon here or evening while at the start of the year we had a few full lobby's. 

To sum it up if you want to play on the Australian servers you can its not that bad at some times just you will see the same names pop up a lot..... which can be a good thing or a bad thing Standard smile 

Message 4 of 5 (4,366 Views)

★★★ Novice

asia server discord

https://discord.gg/dBa2vyP

Message 5 of 5 (3,768 Views)