Re: The game wont start after the update

by EA_David

Original Post

Accepted Solution

The game wont start after the update

★★★ Guide

is it just me or someone else is affected too? 
after the update the game crashes instantly after few seconds, i'm getting:

''GW2.MAIN_WIN64_RETAIL.exe - Application Error

The application was unable to start correctly (0xc000007b). Click OK to close the application."

all this is happening just right after i hit the update button, before that the game was running smoothly last night, what i have tried is:
 Restart my PC, Restart Origin, Run this Program as Administrator, Cleaned Origin cache, Repair Game.. without success so far, and btw, the other games that i have on Origin are playing just fine, so i think the update messed up something

Message 1 of 8 (1,032 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★★ Guide
well i moved to windows 10 (i was on 8.1), now the game is working properly, i tried updates also, but was the same, so decided to upgrade my PC, anyway thanks for your efforts Standard smile

View in thread

Message 7 of 8 (931 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

@AceB011 Thanks for the post. I've been able to update the game on a few machines without issue, so I think it's best to look for something local. 

Can you try restarting with a Clean Boot and see if anything changes? Perhaps the updated game doesn't mix well with some of your software?

https://help.ea.com/en/help/faq/how-to-clean-boot-your-pc/

I'd also be interested in the Reliability History report for the crash. If you use the Windows search and start typing "Reliability", you'll see the option for "View Reliability History". 

If you choose this it'll bring up a tool that shows all the events, crashes and warning flags on your system, and it should have at least one marker for the GW2 crash, with some more details. 

Can you post the crash details here? Sometimes it's generic and doesn't help, but sometimes it's very useful.

Cheers,. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 2 of 8 (1,003 Views)

★★★ Guide
thanks for the tips
just did the Reliability thing, and there's no event or log for GW2. Then i tried the Clean Boot as well, again nothing, the error still occur, i wanted to ask, what if i do install/uninstall on the game ? my progress is at risk or not at all, if Yes, then where's the save files to copy them ? Because after all i did, i have no clue what next to try to solve the problem
Message 3 of 8 (991 Views)

Community Manager

@AceB011 Sometimes a reinstall can help when a repair was ineffective, but it's rare enough and the repair fixes the issue 98% of the time. 

When you checked the reliability history were there any other notable or frequent critical events? These can sometimes help to track down the issue. 

Save files are backed up automatically, and aren't removed when you uninstall a game, and in any case most of your progress in GW2 is stored server-side, so you don't need to worry about that. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 4 of 8 (985 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

Source
Host Process for Windows Services

Summary
AppxDeploymentFailureBlue

Date
‎19-‎Sep-‎18 20:46

Status
No solution available

Problem signature
Problem Event Name: AppxDeploymentFailureBlue
FailureHresult: 80070003
DeploymentState: 10
OsimState: 1
ExtensionHandler: OSIM Host
BuildVersion: 6.3.9600.16425
EtwEventID: 402
OS Version: 6.3.9600.2.0.0.256.48
Locale ID: 1033

Extra information about the problem
Bucket ID: d5417767651b3bcf54e72b5cbf752410 (-310538085)

the last event on 19 September, this i have it multiple times, but the time and date are from very different times, example, before this one on 19th September 2018, the next same problem i had it on 29th November 2017 and 19th September 2017, so pretty sure this can't be. So also the next other problems are older than 3-4 months and they're not windows related, is anti-virus programs etc.

Message 5 of 8 (980 Views)

Community Manager

Thank you for the extra info.

Can you check for Windows Updates? Go to Search and type in "updates" and you'll get the appropriate tool. 

Often odd gaming issues are related to missing .NET updates, and a periodic failure could be related to this. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 6 of 8 (941 Views)

★★★ Guide
well i moved to windows 10 (i was on 8.1), now the game is working properly, i tried updates also, but was the same, so decided to upgrade my PC, anyway thanks for your efforts Standard smile
Message 7 of 8 (932 Views)

Community Manager

Ah, thanks for coming back with the update!

Cheers. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 8 of 8 (920 Views)