Re: PvZ GW1 Challenge bugs. (PS4)

by EA_David

Original Post

PvZ GW1 Challenge bugs. (PS4)

★★★ Guide

Hello, sorry for putting this under GW2, I tried to find a bug report section for GW1 but only found general discussion. If this needs to be moved, can I get help getting it to the right place? Otherwise, maybe a community member for GW2 could pass along the information?

I recently achieved 313 in GW1 but while doing so I encountered a number of bugs with challenges. Thankfully, they were mostly with the same challenge across different levels. I cannot say for sure this is all of them, since I often complete challenges in a single "life" or match. I did however test some of the ones I knew were broken when they came up. For the record, I have been playing the PS4 version of the game.

Vanquish 10 Engineers - Cactus (Lv. 30 -> 31, 33 -> 34, 39 -> 40)

The challenge should continue between matches but instead resets at the end of the match.

Vanquish 5 players in a session - Chomper (Lv. 30 -> 31, 33 -> 34, 36 -> 37, 39 -> 40)

The challenge should continue the entire session but instead resets upon being vanquished. This also occurred in the 20's but I didn't think to write it down at the time.

Swallow 5 All-stars - Chomper (Lv. 31 -> 32, 34 -> 35, 37 -> 38)

The challenge should continue between matches but instead resets at the end of the match.

Vanquish 10 Players with Imp Punts - All-star (Lv. 34 -> 35, 37 -> 38)

I understand that GW1 is a rapidly aging game but, considering it is still sold new in stores (common stores like Target and Walmart not just gaming stores) I thought this may be worth addressing.

Speaking of, since I am here, perhaps whoever passes along this information could also suggest the Halloween, Thanksgiving and Christmas events be brought back this year? New players are still starting the game, I thought it would be nice if everyone who has started after the first year could have access to the holiday items.

Thanks.

Message 1 of 3 (935 Views)

There's very little action on the GW1 boards as far as I remember.  Since we also don't get much traffic and we have active GW1 players, I'll choose to leave this here.  If you get no response and want me to move it to GW1, just ask.

Message 2 of 3 (921 Views)

Community Manager

@Final_Zidane First of all, congratulations on 313, that's no mean feat. 

Thanks for the breakdown of the challenge issues, I wonder if this is a tracking or labelling issue, perhaps some should have said "in a life", or "in a match". 

I do like your suggestions to bring back events, and I recall seeing a collector finding that they were out of luck because the trick or treat event items were no longer available. 

As you mention, the game is out of active development and I can't promise any changes can be made at this stage, but thank you for the report and congrats again for hitting the cap. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 3 of 3 (892 Views)