[PC] Game won't launch

by RandomS4nity

Original Post

[PC] Game won't launch

★★ Novice

Just decided to pick up GW2 because I enjoyed the first game. 

Installed on Origin and the game won't launch. No error message, no nothing. Every other game works perfectly fine. 

Frustrating as hell, nothing on my pc that could be interfering with this. 

Message 1 of 5 (769 Views)

Re: [PC] Game won't launch

★★★ Guide

@RandomS4nity Hi there,

Here are a few tips for you;  First make sure you're running the game on the dedicated GPU since is a little demanding for integrated chips and it might prevent you from starting the game. Another solution would be to try different compatibility modes before launching GW2.   Also, try repairing the game (right click, repair) in Origin.

Try run as administrator.

Good Luck!

Message 2 of 5 (740 Views)

★★ Novice

Tried all of those.. running on a GTX980, not the best available but still a pretty good card. 

Every other game, Origin or otherwise launches and works fine. 

Verifying game files works fine, no change. 

Message 3 of 5 (724 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

@RandomS4nity  Your 980 is more than capable to max out this game, my 970m is so your desktop version is far superior.

Another idea that came to my mind is that your antivirus "might" cause some conflict or restricts game's acces. Set an exclusion.

Run ORIGIN as administrator.

Also, did you delete all game files (cleaned cache) and reinstalled the whole thing? Some players encounter this issue if during the install process certain critical files are omitted or wrongly erased before completion.  I understand it can be a pain to re-download the whole thing but it might be the wisest decision.

Let me know how it goes

Message 4 of 5 (715 Views)

★ Novice

I have The Deluxe Garden Warfare 2 so is it true that if i uninstall i lose the add-ons?

Message 5 of 5 (599 Views)