My son has a problem with playing multiplayer in Plants vs Zombies GW2 on Xbox

by karenisp

Original Post

My son has a problem with playing multiplayer in Plants vs Zombies GW2 on Xbox

★★★ Newbie

My son has a problem with playing multiplayer in Plants vs Zombies GW2 on Xbox. System says "You or a member of your group does not have the correct permission to access online features". I have checked account privacy settings. The current selection is Adult settings without any restrictions. I do have gold membership as well. What else could be the problem?

Message 1 of 6 (499 Views)

Re: My son has a problem with playing multiplayer in Plants vs Zombies GW2 on Xb

[ Edited ]

Due to COPPA, If the age in the profile is under 13, they won't be able to access online multiplayer game play.

Children's Online Privacy Protection Rule ("COPPA") | Federal Trade ...

Message 2 of 6 (481 Views)

Re: My son has a problem with playing multiplayer in Plants vs Zombies GW2 on Xb

★★★ Newbie

What profile do you mean?

The Xbox account is connected to my Microsoft profile where my age is higher than 13.

The same thing with the EA Origin account. I don't see any other age data.

Message 3 of 6 (476 Views)

So your son is playing on your profile/gamer tag then?  That shouldn't present any problem, if that's the case then there's something wrong.

Message 4 of 6 (470 Views)

★★★ Newbie

What else can be wrong?

Message 5 of 6 (466 Views)

[ Edited ]

i realize that it says playstation in the link name, but see if this helps, it's for xbox as well:

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/account/linking-your-origin-account-with-your-psn-id-and-gamertag/

Message 6 of 6 (463 Views)