Matchmaking - Cannot find other players (PC)

by Capp00

Original Post

Matchmaking - Cannot find other players (PC)

★★★ Novice

My brother and I are both playing on PC.

Starting after that last patch, we are having a terrible time finding a lobby to play in. The last 2-3 times we tried, regardless of what Region we chose or what game mode we chose, it would stick us in a lobby with both of us on a team, and no other players. We'd try to be patient and see if anyone would join, but it was a rarity to see anyone else come in. Or we might find a lobby and it ends up being us 2 vs 1 other player. But most of the time, it sticks us in an empty lobby.

We found that the only way we could find a lobby with other players was choosing "mixed-mode", which isn't preferred, but we played it anyway.

Sometimes we get lucky and can find a 5v5 or 6v6 lobby, but it's become extremely rare to find a full lobby. And then immediately after the round, players leave when the game mode changes and we are left with lobbies like this: https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CdaAN7sUMAAyJEy.jpg.

Takes a LONG time to finish a Vanquish/Vanquish-Confirmed matches when playing 3v2.

We have no issues playing any other games and finding players. Ports are open. DNS has been flushed.

Any ideas?

Message 1 of 17 (11,432 Views)

Re: Matchmaking - Cannot find other players (PC)

★★★★ Novice

I can't play any matches at all. There is no one in any of the matches I try to get into. I connect just fine. Its just there is nobody there to play.

Message 2 of 17 (11,330 Views)

★★ Guide

I know that feel bro

Message 3 of 17 (11,300 Views)

★★★★ Novice

This just sucks. I can't even play. Only Garden Ops.

Message 4 of 17 (11,283 Views)

★★★ Novice

Ok, it's been right at a week since I posted this. No response from anyone other than fellow gamers having the same issues.

Tried it again last night. Thought we had some success. The two of us chose Mixed-Mode, hoping it would find some random lobby to put us in. Dropped us into a match with the last second ticking away, but at least there were people in the lobby. Success!! It was 8v8 when we jumped in. Didn't even care that it put us on different teams, we had other players..YAY!.

Then we got back to the lobby and everybody left. Before the next round started, it was 3v2. Team Vanquish. After 12 minutes of playing 3v2 and the score being 14 to 5, we backed out because it was never going to get to 50 that way.

What happened to this game? The original PvZ: GW I played for months and never had a problem finding a lobby on any game mode. This game is less than a month old and we cannot find a lobby with players. Anything less than 4v4 is pointless in this game.

Message 5 of 17 (11,278 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

I contacted EA 3 times and all they can say is that they know about the problem and are working on it. This has been happening to me for 2 weeks now. This is BS

Message 6 of 17 (11,275 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Yes, I agree. I used to have PVZ GW 1 on PS3, but my brother broke it and now I'm unable to play. On PS3 there were so many players and I never had to worry about joining empty servers but now on PC; for one, it takes forever to load, and two, I keep getting empty servers. What's annoying is I spent $45 on this game for the deluxe edition and it's a waste of money. Overwatch is much better.

Message 7 of 17 (10,526 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Now is 2019 and i still have the * same problem !!!

Message 8 of 17 (9,202 Views)

★ Novice
I got the same problem but I didn't know what cause it. After 3 times contact with technical supports, they told me the region is the root. Now I can't get refund because It's expired. Such an annoying policy from them. I can't find any opponents in whole SEA server. Is It possible? Steam is so much better than this. Wasting too much time and money on this sh!t.
Message 9 of 17 (9,134 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Yeah same, but you really can. In my place, cause I live in the USA people tend to come on like at 11 or 12:00. If I try to come on early there wont be any players. So just wait trust me. By the way if your playing on PS3 there would be a lot of people already.  

Message 10 of 17 (8,459 Views)