Importing characters from GW1 still is promoted but is not available in game.

by druuid

Original Post

Importing characters from GW1 still is promoted but is not available in game.

★ Novice

Hi, 

When I open the mailbox the game tells me that the mailbox is the place to import my characters from GW1. There is however no option to do that. I have been chatting with a representative from you and been told to post an issue here. 

I do understand that it have been removed to get some more micro transactions out of customers. 

You have failed to inform that this have been removed in the origin store where this information should be clearly stated. Also the forum indicates that it is still possible here.

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bugs-Issues/READ-FIRST-Known-issues-links-guides-and-FAQs/m-p/5195454#M751

it does state it is no longer available here, that is however the first place I found that it have been officially stated. 

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues/READ-FIRST-Known-issues-links-guides-and-FAQs/m-p/5192494...

Either the option should be available as it is stated in game when opening the mailbox or you have had a bug for almost a year when this functionality was removed according to your representative in chat.

I do feel sad that that bigger game studios have fallen so low as to offer micro transactions in paid for games. Trying to get them to pay for same character enhancements twice is even worse.

Message 1 of 4 (831 Views)

Re: Importing characters from GW1 still is promoted but is not available in game

Community Manager

@druuid Thanks for pointing out the inaccuracy in that article. 

The ability to transfer characters was a temporary offer and sadly the deadline to do so has passed. 

Darko.png
Message 2 of 4 (802 Views)

Re: Importing characters from GW1 still is promoted but is not available in game

★★★ Newbie
I tired to transfer characters as well, to no avail. It's said I canceled the request, I never did. So now I have to re earn all my plants.
Message 3 of 4 (737 Views)

Community Manager

@imaginarydemons1 The ability to transfer characters was temporary and is no longer active. 

Darko.png
Message 4 of 4 (727 Views)