Game just started crashing...

by Simonvonburic

Original Post

Game just started crashing...

★★★ Novice

I get this error each time i try to play PVZ GW2 and it crashes the game...

directx function "DX11 Renderer::tryMap" failed with DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_REMOVED ("The video card has been physically reomved from the system, or a driver upgrade for the video card has occurred. )

Clearly the card has not been removed.... 

I have a 1080ti and have the newest GPU drivers. and have tried older versions of drivers as well. if anyone knows how to fix this i would love you for ever. also this just started happening in the last week or so. and only happens on this game. 

Message 1 of 8 (1,039 Views)

Re: Game just started crashing...

[ Edited ]

I love watching your turf takeover recordings every now and then, sir.

@EA_Darko can you help on this one?

Message 2 of 8 (993 Views)

Community Manager

@Simonvonburic You need to do a clean install of your drivers, if the error continues to appear then this can point to a hardware issue. 

Darko.png
Message 3 of 8 (980 Views)

★★★ Novice

ill give this a go tonight. 

This is the only game that does this too... :/ 

ill reply with an update later! :D 

thanks!

Message 4 of 8 (968 Views)

★★★ Novice

@EA_Darko So i did a clean install and it worked for about 8 games no issues, then it did it again... :/

Message 5 of 8 (952 Views)

Community Manager

@Simonvonburic This then points to an issue with your system or possibly an issue with your GPU. If a clean install fixes the issue for a time then the easiest thing to do may be to ensure that all drivers and software is fully up to date and then do a clean install of the drivers again to see if the issue reoccurs. 

Darko.png
Message 6 of 8 (942 Views)

★★★ Novice

@EA_Darko sounds good, ill try another clean restore and see. thanks again for your time! 

Message 7 of 8 (935 Views)

★★★ Novice

@EA_Darko thanks for all your help!!!  just wanted to let ya know that my video card took a dump!  luckily it has a 3 year warranty and im getting a new one!!   and also, have you heard of the game crashing when using hyper with the pea or using the jackhammer ability with the engineer? its always happened since the game has been out with me and has happened with a few video cards i have upgraded and such.  i have seen a post on reddit about the game crashing like this but on ps4.  i can link it if you wish.

Thanks again Darko! Standard smile

Message 8 of 8 (896 Views)