Re: Game glitch.

by EA_David

Original Post

Game glitch.

★★★ Apprentice

So I was playing pvzgw2 with my partner today and all of a sudden the game glitches, ALL 20 people in the game, plants and zombies, are stuck running on the spot before it just goes black and sends us back to the backyard after a minute. Then my partner attempts to join my game session again via the globe and gets an error message saying 'the host has destroyed the game'. I attempt to join him and get an error message saying it thinks the host isn't online. He then attempts to join me and gets the same error message as before, except it won't go away. It keeps opening the second he closes it and his character is stuck. He eventually had to restart the game completely. We've restarted several times but still can't get the game to work. When is there going to be a bug fix? This game SERIOUSLY needs one - it is getting horrifically glitchy and when I've mentioned it before ea haven't been that helpful. My xbox is practically brand new, regularly cleaned and connected to fibre optic Wi-Fi, as is my partner's, and every single other game we play together like this has no issues. When are ea going to do something about it and fix this broken game? It would be a great game but I'm afraid if there continues to be no attempt to sort out its issues, people will simply stop playing it. Its no fun when the game barely works.

Message 1 of 5 (580 Views)

Community Manager

Thank you for the post, I'm sorry for the poor experience. 

Were you able to play again as normal since this post. I'm seeing player levels return to normal, but we did see some issues yesterday again, were you affected by this?

We are monitoring, but if you could provide your approximate region that may help too. 

Thanks again. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 2 of 5 (552 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

My region is south England. I was able to play it for a bit, but there were still quite a few issues - abilities not working properly, characters jumping back on the screen and general issues with movement. These have been going on for quite a while from my understanding.

Message 3 of 5 (545 Views)

[ Edited ]

Sorry to say that these particular lag issues have been plaguing everyone off and on for weeks now - sometimes better, sometimes worse.  Ping doesn't enter into it.  Level up lag and lag due to too many particle visual effects would be my guess as to the cause.  Level up lag is particularly bad when the person is already high level, it must have somethnig to do with the way the data is processed.

When you get the problems with joining other poeple's games, the only recourse I'm aware of is to restart the app.

Message 4 of 5 (528 Views)

Community Manager

Aye, as Pandareno says, there are some server issues that are being looked into. 

Checking the traffic patterns for yesterday, things seemed a bit better. Did you still experience issues at the same severity yesterday (if you played of course)?

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 5 of 5 (506 Views)