yoda's force push unreliable

by Captain_Alkami

Original Post

yoda's force push unreliable

★★★ Novice

Product: Star Wars Battlefront II
Platform:PC
What is your issue related to? In-Game Store & Crates
Summarize your bug Since the launch of the game when Yoda uses his force push it is UNRELIABLE. It misses multiple times during a single match at point blank range in ALL GAME MODES. Dice can you PLEASE redesign this ability so it is accurate like Yoda's other 2 abilites that work without fail. Dash and Presence. Please note the ability is unreliable with relative star cards equipped or not.
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? Alkami690
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
Can you tell us the date (MM/DD/YYYY) that you saw the bug? 5/15/2019
What time did you see the bug? (HH:MM AM/PM) 18:10
In what game mode did the bug occur? Heroes vs. Villains
What is your time zone? PST - GMT - 8:00
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Honestly just play Yoda in any game mode. Its very noticeable. I would try using the ability with and without negative status affects applied. But the ability has been unreliable in both circumtances in all game modes.
What happens when the bug occurs? You use the ability and it animates and goes into cooldown with no affect to enemies in the targeted area.
What do you expect to see? This question isn't worded well. I don't know exactly what you are asking me here. What I expect to see when I use the ability or what I expect to see you guys do about it? I expect to see the ability completely redesigned to be reliable. It has been unreliable since the launch of the game. When I use the ability I expect it to work properly every time when enemies are in the targeted area of effect.
Please select your region North America
AMD or Nvidia Model Number GE Force GTX 980m

A reply back on whether or not you guys are looking into this solution from an actual representative and not just an automated response would be appreciated. Its pretty tedious filling all this out without the common courtesy of a reply from an actual living person representing the company. thanks.

Message 1 of 9 (1,128 Views)

Re: yoda's force push unreliable

★★★★★ Apprentice

I agree. There was another thread I commented on that said close to the same thing. Yoda's push being unreliable. Seems like a pretty common thing and I hope they fix it soon. I myself have had these problems where 100% it should have connected and pushed them and it doesn't.

Message 2 of 9 (1,113 Views)

★★★ Novice

can you link the other thread? is it big? i'm glad i'm not the only one. I just feel like things are going so well for the game. i'd like to see specific issues like this addressed. its game breaking when you have the upper hand in a losing circumstance against other players only for your "winning hand" to not land.

Message 3 of 9 (1,098 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

@Captain_AlkamiI can't find the thread, but it probably wasn't any bigger than this one. Agreed that failed abilities hinder gameplay. A lot of times after the Maul/Yoda block update, I've tried to use force abilities on Maul and they just deflect. I don't see him blocking or anything. He just runs right through them sometimes. Gets tiring when things don't work correctly

Message 4 of 9 (1,068 Views)

Community Manager

@undertakerhs @Captain_Alkami 

This is sounds like the post you were referring to: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Yoda-and-Luke-force-push-not-working/td-p/6489284

Would you be able to add a video clip to that post next time it pops up so we can ping it to the team to look into?

Blueberry.png
Message 5 of 9 (1,057 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Do you really need my video? The one posted in the other blog is EXACTLY what is happening. Its the exact same thing. I mean if you still need it I'll upload as soon as I can. And If anyone else has footage and reads this thread feel free to post before I do please. Thanks.

Message 6 of 9 (1,040 Views)

Community Manager

@Captain_Alkami 

They can definitely help the QA team reproduce it, but if you have a very detailed description of what was happening at the time that is suitable. A visual gives the team a great idea of how far you were from the enemies, type of damage taken prior to using the ability, type of enemies, etc. 

Thank you for the help!

Blueberry.png
Message 7 of 9 (1,003 Views)

★★ Novice

Yup, been there.  Still having isues from time to time with that push.  POINT......BLANK.....RANGE.  Hopefully it gets fixed. 

Message 8 of 9 (990 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
Yes, Yodas push and Luke’s push worse than nothing. When you need it you are usually facing a bunch of attacking enemy’s, the push animation renders you motionless, nothing happens to the enemy’s and you get shot to pieces and die.
Message 9 of 9 (928 Views)