[xbox x] game crashes constantly (in various modes)

by jackcasper49

Original Post

Re: Madden 22 Crashes Constantly (Xbox Series X, Franchise)

★★ Guide
@archgnarb Same experience ... same frustration.
Message 41 of 643 (1,122 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Same problem. Also problem on local multiplayer when picking defense play it will show offense plays
Message 42 of 643 (1,114 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I’m also having the issue on Xbox Series X where if I load up franchise mode (it’s an online/cloud solo franchise) then the game will crash sending me back to the Xbox Home Screen.  It’s not an overheat situation, it’s the only game that does it and only when in franchise mode.

In fact, I decided to try timing the crash to see if it was consistent and it is.  Steps to reproduce:

1. Open franchise mode and select my save file. Start a stopwatch (I used my iPhone’s stopwatch).

2. On the main franchise screen (where you pick game plan, manage staff, etc.) just sit there and don’t do anything.

3. Shortly after 6 minutes the game will crash, sending me back to the Xbox Home Screen with no error message.

I did this three times and each time it was between 6 minutes and around 6 minutes and 10 seconds when the crash occurred.  It’s almost like some background process is running out of memory or stuck in an infinite loop or something and it’s around the 6 minute mark when it can’t handle it anymore.

Message 43 of 643 (1,096 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

@EA_BlueberryOffline Frachise. Can't make it through a game without 1-2 crashes per game. Happening during gameplay for me. X box Series X MVP downloaded off of Microsoft store.

Message 44 of 643 (1,072 Views)

★★ Guide
@autobottevo I haven't timed it but that feels about right.
Message 45 of 643 (1,053 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Same issue here. Not sure why I’ve tried playing online. I now have probably 7 losses due to my whole series x crashing. I’ve never had an issue like this for any game on any system ever. Absolutely pathetic. Why even release the game. This may be a colossal of a screw up as cyberpunk. 

Message 46 of 643 (1,046 Views)

★★ Guide
@pimplc It's incredibly annoying.
Message 47 of 643 (1,042 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

Do we need another #FixMaddenFranchise trend this year so we can actually have a playable game?

#FixMaddenFranchise

Message 48 of 643 (1,041 Views)

★ Apprentice

Any confirmation if they are working on fixing the bugs on franchise mode?? Any time table for when we can play? Unfortunately the game crashes every time I’m on franchise mode, 

Message 49 of 643 (979 Views)

Community Manager

Hey, Madden Community.

We have another related thread on this here where we previously mentioned it was being looked into. To give the community better visibility around this we'll be marking this post solved while it's being looked into and continue to update it was we hear more info.

Thank you to everyone that was able to respond with more details we were requesting. I know crashes are super frustrating from first hand experience so it can be tough to be told to wait it out. When teams have to prioritize bugs, crashes like this being reported are considered to be of a high priority. Thank you in advance for your patience and we'll keep you informed on it's status as we receive updates. 

Blueberry.png
Message 50 of 643 (961 Views)