[xbox x] game crashes constantly (in various modes)

by jackcasper49

Original Post

Re: Madden 22 Crashes Constantly (Xbox Series X, Franchise)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I haven't had a full-on crash, but the game has frozen on my PS5 while playing every mode. I'm constantly booted from the servers, and I've tried every workaround. I got up early on my off day Tuesday to grind, so the frustration is real.

Why do I feel like hardcore Maddenites are paying to enter an extended beta test before the game is mass released? Thinking

Message 21 of 643 (2,222 Views)

★ Apprentice

@Masher_Smasher wrote:

I haven't had a full-on crash, but the game has frozen on my PS5 while playing every mode. I'm constantly booted from the servers, and I've tried every workaround. I got up early on my off day Tuesday to grind, so the frustration is real.

Why do I feel like hardcore Maddenites are paying to enter an extended beta test before the game is mass released? Thinking

Same on PS5 digital version. I am only seeing responses for Xbox crashing issues. I at least want them to BS me and let us know they are aware of PS5’s issues also. 

Message 22 of 643 (2,198 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I have experienced the same issues on Xbox Series X except I am doing solos.

My game crashes daily in the middle of solos, multiple times a days depending on how patient I am that day but usually crashes around 30 minutes. The Xbox shuts off and disconnects my controller, each time I have to physically press the power button on the console to wake and connect my controller again. 

The days I don’t have the patience to deal with Madden crashing I play all other games fine. And I have never experienced this type of crash. The few times my Series X has crashed playing other games it has only closed the game and sent me to my Xbox dashboard. And this was a maybe a handful of times. Never anything to the point I am unable to play a game with concerns of losing a match or progress. 

But again my console has never shut off and disconnected my controller and this has happened on a daily basis playing Madden 22. I have never experienced this with Madden 21. My console has crashed more times in one day playing Madden 22 than it has ever crashed in my entire time owning it.

Message 23 of 643 (2,183 Views)

★★ Guide
@Canucksedge It is pretty common to have a script for a disaster release like this to try to save face and all use the same b/s answer
Message 24 of 643 (2,168 Views)

★★ Guide
@MinpinXI I've never had anything like that happen before on mine either ... it's incredibly frustrating.
Message 25 of 643 (2,165 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I've been having the same issue myself as soon as I got the game yesterday, but for me what was kind of weird when I was using the trial from ea play (being a game pass ultimate member) from wenesday-thursday I didn't have any issues... but as soon as I bought the physical copy friday and started playing offline franchise I've been having issues where it would crash and send me to the dashboard and then it would cause the Series X to shut off.

Message 26 of 643 (2,143 Views)

Betreff: Madden 22 Crashes Constantly (Xbox Series X, Franchise)

★★★ Apprentice

My first Game on Console i can't play because of Crashes. Had this really never before. No Xbox 360,One S.... 

Here i can play 5 Minutes and then constantly Crashes. 

And then i read Twitter and MUT have Issue and they try to fix this immediately. I know this Issue is maybe havier, but i read nothing, or? 

Message 27 of 643 (2,118 Views)

Community Manager

@jackcasper49 wrote:
@Canucksedge I did see this posted on EA Help Twitter in response to a complaint ...

I understand you are facing crashing issues with Madden NFL 22 on Xbox Series X and that must be really frustrating. This issue is something we are aware of and are actively tracking in a ticket we have opened for the subject. Our game team is working on resolving the issue as soon as possible. Please keep an eye on our social media pages and forums for any further updates. Hopefully, you won’t have to wait too long.

Hey, Madden Community.

I wanted to jump in here to reassure you this is being actively looked at by the teams and we'll provide updates for you all here as soon as we can. I was not available in the last week and just came online today, I'll be chasing this down for you this week and keep you all informed on it's developments. 

To confirm from those that are crashing, is it only happening to you in Offline Face of the Franchise? I see one other person mention it was happening in MUT too.

We'll be passing info shared in this thread over to the team to help aide them in getting this addressed as quickly as possible.

We apologize for this type of experience at the game's launch and completely understand it's not ideal. We appreciate your patience in the meantime. Let us know if you have any further questions or concerns. 

- EA_Blueberry

Blueberry.png
Message 28 of 643 (2,086 Views)

★★ Guide
@EA_Blueberry I have had crashing just in Franchise.
Message 29 of 643 (2,079 Views)

★★ Guide
@EA_Blueberry No, it's, Offline Franchise Mode (NOT Face of the Franchise).
The bug report that started this thread has complete details.
Can you confirm issues with Franchise Mode are being looked at?
Message 30 of 643 (2,056 Views)