[xbox x] game crashes constantly (in various modes)

by jackcasper49

Original Post

[xbox x] game crashes constantly (in various modes)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

Product: Madden NFL 22
Platform:Xbox Series X
Which console generation do you have? Microsoft Xbox Series X
What is your gamertag/PSN ID? jackcasper49
Date/time issue occurred Every Time I Play Starting 8/17
What type of issue do you have? Crash/Freeze
Which mode has this happened in? Franchise Mode
Which part of the mode? Offline
What is your Franchise League Name? N/A
Summarize your bug The game randomly crashes to the Xbox Main Menu and on a few occasions has shut down my Xbox Series X entirely.
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Simply turn on the game, load into Franchise, and start doing anything in any of the menus (Staff, Roster, etc.). I have not gone longer than 10 minutes without a crash.
What happens when the bug occurs? The game sometimes has a graphics glitch (for example, while editing Patrick Mahomes his head became rainbow sparkles/fireworks before completely disappearing) but will always lock out the controls (can't navigate on the screen) before crashing. Sometimes the lock out of graphics last a few seconds, other times it's very short. After that it crashes to the Xbox Main Menu or on rarer occasions crashes the whole system.
What do you expect to see? I expect the game to navigate as intended and not constantly crash. I paid extra for the top edition ONLY because I took three days off to enjoy and play Madden before the Friday release. As of this point I was completely screwed out of that money and money lost by taking days away from work.
PS4 Crash Reporting: Please copy the text you put in the crash report here. N/A
What is the AMD or Nvidia Model Number of your graphics card? N/A
Enter RAM memory size in GB N/A

Madden 22 has been crashing randomly and extremely frequently since the day I first downloaded and started playing it (8/17). The game is completely unplayable.
The crashes seem to occur (for me) in Franchise Mode when trying to edit rosters, sign free agents, edit players, manage staff, manage subs, or really any menu in Franchise mode.
The game will sometimes glitch and freeze before crashing for a long period of time, but always locks up momentarily (no controls). The game will crash to the Xbox Series X Home/Main Menu and on rare occasions completely shut down my Xbox Series X.
I have tried to fix it any way I can.

I have restarted my console.

I have restarted my router/modem.

I have done a full power down and clear of the system and reboot.
I have deleted and reinstalled the game.

I have cleared the Persistent Storage.

I have cleared the Alternate MAC Address.
Nothing has worked.

I bought the Dynasty Edition exclusively to be able to play early and took time off from work to have to enjoy Maddenoliday. As of now I have just been screwed out of my time off (lost money) and the extra money I paid for a game that is completely unplayable.

[EDIT: modified thread title to reflect the fact that players on xbox x face this issue in various modes (not only Franchise)]

Message 1 of 643 (12,193 Views)

Re: Madden 22 Crashes Constantly (Xbox Series X, Franchise)

★★★ Newbie

I've experienced the same problem but with PS5. I got to the draft after one year in Franchise and the Franchise app crashed. I can no longer start Franchise despite doing everything, including deleting and re-downloading the game. This is a waste of the extra $40 I spent to play the game early. 

Message 2 of 643 (12,153 Views)

★★★ Newbie

When I'm playing in my franchise, when I'm doing the weekly training and using staff points and editing my roster, my game will freeze and crash to the dashboard or on rare occasions it will hard reset my xbox. It happened throughout my ea play trail and is still happening. I pre ordered the deluxe edition, im not sure what to do to fix this problem. I've deleted and uninstalled the game and the reinstalled it and the problem is still happening.

Message 3 of 643 (12,152 Views)

★★ Guide

I feel the exact same way. Absolutely just wasted the money Frown

Message 4 of 643 (12,143 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Same here man!! Spent 100$ and can’t play a full game without it crashing my Xbox this is unbelievable!!!! They still haven’t fixed it as of this morning !!!  Been having this problem since I downloaded and it doesn’t seem like it will get fixed soon

Message 5 of 643 (12,021 Views)

★ Apprentice

I am having the exact same issue... the game is completely unplayable because of this. What a waste of money to preorder the game... When is a fix going to be coming?

Message 6 of 643 (12,012 Views)

★★ Guide

I've been having the same issue, since Tuesday. 

Message 7 of 643 (11,989 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

I really expected them to, update the game today, so they could get rid of the glitches, in time for the main release.

Message 8 of 643 (11,985 Views)

Betreff: Madden 22 Crashes Constantly (Xbox Series X, Franchise)

★★★ Apprentice
Ah ok i see i'm not alone. I have 100 % the same Issue. Momently not playable Frown
Message 9 of 643 (11,906 Views)

Betreff: Madden 22 Crashes Constantly (Xbox Series X, Franchise)

★★ Guide
@DanielGl77 It's really frustrating.
Message 10 of 643 (11,896 Views)