v1.19 Frame Freezing When Killing Infantry With Tank MG.

by Janas-Aurora

Original Post

Highlighted

v1.19 Frame Freezing When Killing Infantry With Tank MG.

★ Guide

Product: Battlefield V
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Please specify your platform model. Sony PlayStation 4
Which part of the game is the issue happening in? Multiplayer
Which part of the mode? Conquest
Please select your region North America
On which server did this happen?
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) 29/06/2019 05:04
Summarize your bug It appears that every time I down a player while in the turret of a tank, there's a total frame freeze for a fraction of a second. Thankfully, I was able to get video of the phenomena. You can see that just as each kill comes in, there's a momentary freeze. Others have reported this to happen with MG and Cannon mounts, but so far I have only had this exposure to it.
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I imagine that on PS4, (I have a standard model), with the latest version installed, one might run into this when downing enemy infantry from the upper machine-gun position in tanks that have it.
What happens when the bug occurs? There's a noticeable jerky freeze of frames the moment you effectively kill an enemy trooper.
What should be happening instead? A smooth visual experience, naturally.

So as described above, so far I've only noticed this phenomena whilst in the upper gunner position of the German medium Panzer IV tank. I'll try to attach the video which shows it occur about three times in a row. It was pretty much a constant each time I down an enemy player.

Here's a link if the attachment mp4 doesn't work. https://puu.sh/DMlGe.mp4

Message 1 of 12 (1,033 Views)

Re: v1.19 Frame Freezing When Killing Infantry With Tank MG.

★★★ Apprentice

It happened to me after I killed somebody with an lmg.

Message 2 of 12 (1,000 Views)

Dot.: v1.19 Frame Freezing When Killing Infantry With Tank MG.

★★ Apprentice

me too, only when killing with a tank gun

Message 3 of 12 (973 Views)

★ Guide

@Seven7mm1985  @Dalmater1   I see.  Does it look for you guys as it does in this video? Like a total freeze for a split second before resuming frames?     Are you also on console, by chance?

Message 4 of 12 (960 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

Yeap its the same freez for a split second (got it only while killing with a tank). Im on PC by the way and this is widely spread issue across all platform.

Here is another report about this:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/FPS-drop-when-you-kill-Panzer-IV-Tank/m-p/7975535#M17694

P.S. This started happening for me a two updates ago

Message 5 of 12 (944 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

Yep same freeze, i kinda got stuck for 0.2 second after the kill. It's on Xbox one and as infantry with an semi auto weapon.

https://youtu.be/KLPgG4d1Ov8

Can't get the video uploaded that's why I made it this way. Hope it is ok.

Message 6 of 12 (935 Views)

★ Guide
@Seven7mm1985 I see. That particular thread looks like a different bug. An 'FPS drop' that happens over a few seconds, whereas ours is just a flat-out freeze and then it continues.

@Dalmater1 Yup, that's what it looks like for me too!
Message 7 of 12 (895 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
@Janas-Aurora Seems to not happening for infantry anymore but I got the freeze in a tank today.
I hope the patch next week will solve some more bugs though.
Message 8 of 12 (851 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Game is stalling on tank kills for over a month now, it will also stall when you complete challenges from weekly TOW missions

Message 9 of 12 (845 Views)

★★ Novice

We're on xbox 1 s platform. Its been happening to us mostly sense the last update. Seems like with the multiple issues sense this last update there should be something more regarding these issues besides silence.

As soon as the kill connects the pic freezes, sometimes even causing a time laps enough to get killed.

Message 10 of 12 (819 Views)