unable to kill architect

by DeadlyDamios

Original Post

Re: unable to kill architect

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

Just on my second playthrough and fought all the architects without issue.  Bit annoying though because I am on hardcore and want to do an insanity run next but even with level X and the highest mods and armor, I struggle to do any dmage against the architects whereas even the ascendants die easily.  

The AI's 'abilities' will scale based on player's level, gear level (I through X) and game difficulty, something that in the trilogy wasn't happening (someone correct me if i'm wrong).

Message 41 of 71 (2,382 Views)

★★ Apprentice

yeah i realise enemies scale, i believe they did on the other games as well.  ME1 on insanity was a struggle even with top level SPECTRE gear and armour.  

but i am still getting the bug even after the 1.09 patch, where if you die in an architect encounter, allow the game to load an autosave itself, then try and resume killing the architect, it never triggers the leg or head conduits but spawns endless enemies and your bullets/powers do very little damage.  i fought for an hour on my very first architect battle and got the same behaviour as others are reporting, presumed it was because i had very little decent gear and they had made them hard to kill.

This worked for me, create a manual save prior to engaging and then if you do die, at least you can try again straightaway.  But i have still found it nigh on impossible on hardcore/insanity but don't struggle elsewhere.  there is defintely something buggy with architect battles.

Message 42 of 71 (2,375 Views)

Champion (Retired)

Buy some RPGs. Especially useful against the head conduit. 1 or 2 will take it out. Remember to aim as that increases damage.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 43 of 71 (2,368 Views)

★★ Apprentice

thx for the tips!  i always aim, after 30 yrs gaming, its more habit than anything but I will defo try the RPG trick in my insanity playthrough.  Don't think it will cure the glitch if you die though.  

Message 44 of 71 (2,363 Views)

Champion (Retired)

You can always buy 1 RPG on EOS but to get a steady supply you must purchase the AVP point that gives access to special inventory. Save up they are very expensive.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 45 of 71 (2,353 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I have the glitch , destroying 2 of 3 conduits, and never touched the Nomad after planting the 3rd hammer.

Message 46 of 71 (2,303 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I don't normally get angry with a game but Andromeda is just totally f****** up and the fact that they have decided on Auto-saves with certain missions, makes it difficult if not impossible to complete these bosses on harder levels.  my Ryder is at level 97 with all level X stuff and mods and  I barely do any damage, whereas elsewhere, the character is really OP.

The fact that it is now the end of July and they still haven't resolved it makes me question why I paid £55 for the pre-order but I really enjoyed the Mass Effect Trilogy and expected much more from Andromeda.   The patches so far seem totally focused on the Multiplayer aspect and even that seems very flaky.  

Maybe this will eventually get fixed but tbh this is just one of many issues and I so wanted to like the game.  Oh well,  just started The Witcher series, a proper rpg game!

Message 47 of 71 (2,294 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I have to agree, even today, The game is riddled with bugs, I've had to skip the "Eos architect" because after taking out two of the legs and some of it's head, the thing takes off again and never returns to the ground, so I'm unable to kill it.

I run to as many places as possible but it still swings around in the air, ...never returning to the ground.

I've tried all possible workarounds mentioned within this thread and not one of them works for me.

Can we expect some type of fix for this?.... my thinking is NO,  I personally feel the enjoyment in making this game awesome, Just isn't in the hearts of the coders any longer.

Message 48 of 71 (2,116 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

I just gave up, uninstalled it and started the Witcher series (now on 3) which although far from perfect is much more rewarding and fun.  I haven't come across any game-breaking bugs as yet.

As far as I know, they are no longer doing anything towards the SP game just concentrating on the £££ side of MP.  All the effort went into Anthem by the look of it.  Oh well there are plenty of superior games out now that Bioware will have to come up with something original and special to get me to buy from them again.

Message 49 of 71 (2,100 Views)

★★★ Newbie

It's mid-January 2018 now, plenty of patches have come out, but I'm encountering the same bug everyone else is. Got 2/3 of the legs, the architect now just floats in the air, nothing I can do but leave. Grrr!  BUGGY!!

Message 50 of 71 (1,881 Views)