unable to kill architect

by DeadlyDamios

Original Post

Re: unable to kill architect

★★★ Apprentice

I am in shock, I did not have this happen until after the 1.06 patch. Way to go Blizzard lol ;-) I actually did the one in Voeld with no glitch but came back to EOS and am stuck. Will try to switch from the Black Widow to the Equalizer SMG lol.

Message 31 of 71 (4,770 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Thank you not entering Maco worked for me I was still able to use my Black Widow but I did not use disruptor ammo.

Message 32 of 71 (4,767 Views)

★★ Novice

Similar happened to me, but with a slight twist. Its the architect on Elaaden - two leg conduits destroyed & it's moved once. No Nomad use - I followed on foot. Damage done to head after the first 2 conduits destroyed was about 60%. Third conduit won't open for targeting, despite both companions (Drack & Cora) saying "forget the armor, target the legs!" through about 20 cycles of remnant respawn.

I'm not sure if it should have moved a second time but didn't or if just that 3rd conduit that buggy. 

Message 33 of 71 (4,731 Views)

★★★ Newbie
I am unable to kill the Eos architect as well. Empty conduit bar on the third conduit, and it won't reveal its head. Just endless waves of remnant and the game keeps telling me to shoot the last leg. Reloaded multiple times to to effect. On PS4
Message 34 of 71 (4,710 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

same here last leg has 0 hp and i cant damage it

Message 35 of 71 (4,693 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I too have had this issue since the game first launched and now several patches later its still the same.  Can't believe a major problem such as this can be in the game after so many patches.

One thing that seemed to be consistent for me at least was if I died after the battle has started and the game reloads the autosave.  Have tried this with numerous save points, different squad, different weapons and all is well until you die then it just gets stuck in a loop.  Its about time it was fixed now after so long.  so c'mon guys get this issue resolved.

Message 36 of 71 (4,607 Views)

★ Novice

Can you believe it's the middle of June and after some patches this glitch STILL HAPPENS?!? I reported it I think on the 4th-5th day after release!! Seriously Bioware, what's happened with you?!

Message 37 of 71 (4,567 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I think I figured it out.  When the leg conduits are brought down to half health the head opens, then once you damage that a bit the conduits open again and you can destroy a leg.  It then flies to the next location and the process repeats but if you've already brought one of the legs to half health or lower the head doesn't open in that location so the game bugs and you can't destroy the leg which then prevents the battle progressing any further.

Message 38 of 71 (4,551 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

So this damn bug is present even in the 1.9 last-update,I have spent 1 hour try to figure how to kill the last leg of this thing in Voeld (Level 41,Hard difficult,Soldier build,Black Widow favourite weapon) and after 5 minutes I figure out that the boss-fight was bugged..Sick

So,reload a manual save before the fight,fast-travel and change companions and comeback without enter in the fight-zone with the Mako..and defeat after 10 minutes..

I love my Sara Ryder Heart and this game despite all the critics and the hate around Andromeda in almost all forum..nevermind maybe I'm unlucky..even my final-boss of The Witcher 3 got bugged :eahigh_file:

Message 39 of 71 (4,406 Views)

★★ Apprentice

i finally solved my buggy architect fights.  the only problem being that it requires a change of difficulty setting.    I too was getting the same issues mentioned in this thread and expected it to be patched by now.  

Just on my second playthrough and fought all the architects without issue.  Bit annoying though because I am on hardcore and want to do an insanity run next but even with level X and the highest mods and armor, I struggle to do any dmage against the architects whereas even the ascendants die easily.  

i switched to narrative and can kill it within a few shots without dying.  then put it on any level from normal upwards and you get it the loop and cannot trigger the opening of the legs or head conduits.  i did find that loading an early manual save got me back okay but then the same problem, the thing requires so much damage on normal and above that there is a good chance of dying especially with the minions that trigger every so often.   Its annoying though, I completed the others on insanity and want the achievement but changing it mid-game means you can't.  I was willing to pesevere in the last part of ME3 with the gun batteries but don't feel the same with this game, the architects feel like a cheap cop out to me.  

i can't remember if there were ever any problems similar on the Reaper child in ME2?   that was a similar concept, well the same albeit with different boss and minions but at least it wasn't a bullet sponge like the architects are !!  

Message 40 of 71 (4,381 Views)