by innozent28

Original Post

ultra speed not slow down to normal speed when sims finished things

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.70.84.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Get To Work/ Get Together/ City Living/ Cats and Dogs/ Seasons/ Get Famous/ Island Living/ Discover University/ Outdoor Retreat/ Spa Day/ Dine Out/ Vampires/ Parenthood/ StrangerVille/ Realm of Magic/ Vintage Glamour Stuff/ Toddler Stuff/ Tiny Living Stuff/ Cool Kitchen Stuff/ Kids Room Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? observation but it's really obvious to see
What happens when the bug occurs? I ordered my sim to do things with ultra speed when they've done it the speed didn't slow down to normal as it should.
What do you expect to see? ultra speed slows down to normal speed when sims finished things
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. repair/ update game

Edit By Crinrict: Fixed Duplicate Template

Message 1 of 9 (854 Views)

Re: ultra speed not slow down to normal speed when sims finished things

Hero
@innozent28 What do you mean by ultra speed ? Speed 3 or the speed that kicks in when all Sims sleep/go to work ?

Speed 3 doesn't slow down, never has. The Speed that kicks in should.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 9 (817 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@crinrict
the speed that kicks in when all Sims sleep/go to work like there will be a circle around a task that sims do when they finished it kept going with max speed not slow down.
Message 3 of 9 (804 Views)

Hero
@innozent28 Did you remove your mods and test without ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 9 (765 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@crinrict tried already but it's still happening
Message 5 of 9 (761 Views)

Hero
@innozent28 Could you test if it's limited to this specific save game or also happening if you make a new one for testing ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 9 (754 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@crinrict tried this already too but the result is still the same...
Message 7 of 9 (746 Views)

Hero

If you haven't already, try a factory reset then as described in the factory reset described in this post: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/FAQ-Troubleshooting-Steps-amp-Known-Issues/m-p/3621199

You won't loose anything. Just make sure to not delete any files  and make a backup.

After renaming, repair your game by right clicking on the game in Origin.

Try on a new game with nothing added back first (start new game). If it works, put back your save game and try again. If it still works, you can start putting stuff back.

• Options.ini (or just re-set all your settings manually)
  • Tray Folder
  • Screenshots/Videos/Custom music
  • Rest of the save games (leave out slot_00000001.save which is the autosave and no longer needed - if you still have it)
  • Custom content like clothing, hair, skins, make up ....
  • ConfigOverride, if you have your own configuration files.
  • Mods (one by one, making sure they all still work)

The rest does not need putting back, cause they are mostly cache files that recreate or log files that are not needed for the game.

If that doesn't help, then I don't know what's going on in your game.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 9 (724 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@crinrict Thank you but eventually the game back to normal. I don't know after I've done everything I was searching for like
- repaired/ updated game
- installed UI fix bugs and mods
- deleted every single mod
- started a new game

It didn't work so I gave up, put my mods back, and played with the same saved game, and I noticed that kicks in speed had slow down to normal as it should!

I don't know if it is going to happen again or not. if it is, I'll try the latest method you sent me. thank you
Message 9 of 9 (694 Views)