Re: touch select issue on 1.3.2

by yehoshualee

Original Post

touch select issue on 1.3.2

★ Apprentice

Product: Command & Conquer: Rivals
Platform:Android Phone
List the specific devices you play with (e.g. iPhone 6s Plus, Samsung Galaxy S7) Oneplus 6T
OS Version 9.0
What is your Player ID? yehoshua
What type of issue do you have? Gameplay
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
Summarize your bug In game, when I want to change my current control units, it sometimes just fail. When this happens, it will take 3-4 times or more to touch to select unit I want to control. Only one touch may not work. This issue happens this days of version 1.3.2.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Just play the game, it comes very often.
Connection Type Wifi
Please select your region Asia
Country China

I donnot know this happens because of poor net connection or game problem. I asked freinds in my alliance, many have this problem.

Message 1 of 9 (633 Views)

EA Live QV Team

Hey @yehoshualee thanks for reaching out. When you say the it fails, do you mean it just does not work or does it feel like the touch is off by a few millimeters on your screen? I note that you're playing on a One Plus 6T and the notch can affect gameplay, this will be fixed in the next major update. Can you confirm it's not related to the notch and is another issue? Thanks!

Message 2 of 9 (627 Views)

★ Apprentice

Sorry for the missunderstanding of my words. I didn't say it clearly. My English is not very good.

In this issue, I means that I cann't select my army in the game. Not the touch issue on Oneplus 6T before. Which means when I touch the unit on my screen, I cannot select it.

For example, I have two units on the battlefield, like A and B. A is on the right of the map while B on the left. First I touch A to select and then touch left side of the map to control A to go left. Then I quickly switch to touch B and then touch the right side of the map to send it go right. Most of the time A goes left and B goes right. But in some times I cannot select B. Which means I control A to go left, then I touch B on the screen but it do not work. So when I touch the right side of the map, A stop go left and goes right instead. I just cannot select B. If I want to select B to control it, I may try to touch it 3-5 times to select it.

It happens sometime. And my freind also have this problem on his samsung phone.

Thanks.

PS

I updated my Oneplus 6T system to OxygenOS 9.0.12 and install Rivals version 1.3.2 last week. Also I set my phone to show the notch area of the screen. I find that the touch is much better in the game.  

Message 3 of 9 (619 Views)

EA Live QV Team

Thanks @yehoshualee , I just wanted to be sure I understood your issue. Standard smile I have a couple of more questions, does this occur when playing on WiFi or cellular data? Or both? Do you know if it seems to occur on the same map or all maps in general? If possible, could you provide a video of you in game showing this? And can I get your Persona ID to investigate further? It's a 13 digit number found in Settings > About. Thank you! 

Message 4 of 9 (606 Views)

★ Apprentice

Both on WiFi or cellular data have this problem. And all maps will have this problem. And this only happen when I operate, so it's hard to record and provide a video. 

I asked my friend, they have this situation when the net connection is not good. So I changed time to play game when the net connection is good. The game work fine and have no such situation. But for our players from China, we have an unstable net connection. Lag happens at any time. Maybe this is the problem.

Thanks for your help. Hope you can help to improve our unstable connetcion but we know it's really hard.

Message 5 of 9 (592 Views)

EA Live QV Team

Hey @yehoshualee thanks for getting back to me. It does sound like it is related to your connection. Frown Have you and your friend tried restarting your WiFi router regularly? That could help performance for you? Let me know if that helps.

Message 6 of 9 (567 Views)

★ Apprentice

Finally I get a video of this bug. This is record game from Windows on Bluestacks. At 2 second, mouse clicked common aircraft at the bottom of map but failed. The common aircraft at the top moves down.

You can get it here:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1687mzZpxmKyseDkR1mZG9BS7LQZHK62R

Message 7 of 9 (517 Views)

[ Edited ]
EA Live QV Team

Hi @yehoshualee and thank you for the update.

Upon checking your video you had indeed selected the southern Banshee and ordered it to move but then you've built another Banshee which is then auto-selected by the game since it was the latest unit built. After you ordered the northern Banshee to move south you attempted to click the southern Banshee again but the northern Banshee was still selected, making it move.

The second mouse pointer is a bit confusing at this part tho. Did you click the southern Banshee just once or multiple times?

Is this also still happening on 1.4.1?

Message 8 of 9 (499 Views)

★ Apprentice

I think I recorded it on 1.4.1, but maybe on 1.4.0. I forget when I update to 1.4.1. And only click the southern Banshee once. 

I find that it only happens when southern Banshee is moving, maybe at the time it move at the edge of two blocks.

On 1.3.2 it happens many times. I will test more on 1.4.1 to see if it still happens.

Message 9 of 9 (486 Views)