Re: titanfall 2 resolution issue

by lenyco49

Original Post

★★★ Newbie

Sorry but no, it just sits at 1280x720p can't go lower or higher...
Help would be apreciated

Message 11 of 21 (10,584 Views)

Community Manager

@Sean0Bean Hi, can I ask what's your desktop resolution? Does playing the game in Windowed mode let you play in a higher resolution?

Also, can you try setting the adaptive resolution FPS target to 0 in the video options, I wonder if that will have any effect?

Thanks. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 12 of 21 (10,566 Views)

★★★ Newbie

So for whatever reason the resolution and gui in general seem busted. I tried changing the resolution but wouldn't give me anything higher then 1080p. So I ended up using Gforce experience to set the resolution and it worked fine. I also followed the checking the vid config file to see if it changed and it showed the update 4k resolution. I run a strix 1080ti so YMMV. Games seem ok but I've only played ca bit of campaign so I will see what happens. Anyways this should have been fixed at launch I mean I just got this on origin access so its about a 1 year old. WTF thats why I don't buy games on origin. My original need for speed still doesn't work and no help.

Message 13 of 21 (9,869 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Yes, manual editing solves this. Surprised though that this still hasn't been fixed.

Message 14 of 21 (9,383 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I had the same problem too but i tried doing what shock and awe said but it was already at native but it said that it was a  1280x720p but my native is not that low and i tried setting the full screen to windowed and it worked by changing the fullscreen setting from 1 to 0

Message 15 of 21 (9,325 Views)

★★★ Newbie

wait i just tried to go into video setting in game and it just kicked me out

Message 16 of 21 (9,324 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Thanks, this worked. Able to run the game in 4k now
Message 17 of 21 (9,106 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Yes it does.  Thanks @Shock4andAwe  Thumbs up

Message 18 of 21 (8,884 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

My native desktop resolution is 4K yet Titanfall 2 is saying native 720p and won't let me change it.

Your instructions worked thanks @Shock4ndAwe but the game launched with a tiny window for some reason. Using Fullscreenizer solved the problem though and it's now nice and clear, windowed fullscreen, in 4K.

Message 19 of 21 (8,531 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hi,

Thanks for this, but i am still shocked that a AAA game like this requires you to edit a config file and it isn't something that can be changed in the settings.

It also makes me wonder what else in that settings should be changed if you upgrade monitors, etc.

I know i won't get an answer on this, but hopefully it will be fixed for future releases.

Message 20 of 21 (6,012 Views)