Re: the sims 4 roof trim

by CGrant56

Original Post

the sims 4 roof trim

★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.70.84.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Cats & Dogs, City Living, Seasons, Realm of Magic, Vampires, Tiny Living, Vintage Glamour Stuff.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I'm trying to build a mansard style roof on the third floor level by having a square room in the centre of the roof and placing half hipped roofs on the 4 sides of it. When changing the default trim to another one, the new one expands comically and even adds a trim onto the top edge of the roof.
What happens when the bug occurs? In build mode, the roof trims glitch when they're swapped out from the default option. The trims also start to clash. As an added bonus, there's a phanthom wall that appears and clips through the top edge of the roof when you try to extend it so it covers the existing normal-height wall.
What do you expect to see? A trim that doesn't expand comically or clip weirdly with the neighbouring roof elements.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

sims 4 glitch 1.png

This is an example of the size issue as well as the clipping problem it causes

sims 4 glitch 2.png

This is the trim on the glitchy roof and then on the regular roof that's not glitchy (yet). On the glitchy roof, the roof element on the left is fully extended, the one in the centre is about default height. Note the extra bit of roof on top of the left roof element, courtesy of the trim glitch.

sims 4 glitch 4.png

Clipping issues with both the larger trim and ever-extending wall. You can see the height of the actual walls behind the two roof elements. I didn't think to take the pictures with contrasting colours before but I'm too lazy to redo the screenshots.

I'll try and work around this issue but it's very annoying and nearly build-ruining. Problem persisted even when I removed my mods or used different styles of roof elements. Also, the trim worked normally on one element at one point, however the rest (copy-pasted) were all glitchy.

Message 1 of 2 (551 Views)

Re: the sims 4 roof trim

Hero

@larsyx 

I tested this and found pretty much the same thing you did.  And it's just not the big trim, it's all of them.  For some, it's hard to see but when you zoom in close, you can see it.  In the attached pic, the tower in the front is with no trim and the other towers show the various trims.

Screenshot (52) copy.jpg

I did find a way to get close to the look I think you were going for though using a belt course though.  It's not quite the same as there are fewer choices but the dental belt course looks pretty decent.  So that may be a way you can use to get the look you're after.  

Screenshot (88) copy.jpg

Hope this helps.

Message 2 of 2 (526 Views)