stuck on server loading screen when changing maps (double loading spinner)

by reusto

Original Post

Re: stuck on server loading screen when changing maps (double loading spinner)

★★★ Apprentice
gtx 1070, 17-7700K, 16gb RAM
happens after every Conquest map
happens ~ 50% of time between Operation Days
100% after completion of Operation Maps
Message 21 of 829 (4,392 Views)

★★★ Novice
GTX1050Ti, i7-7700HQ, 8GB ram, Exact same problem, tried all the solutions from previous BF games but no luck. Happens 100% of the time on every game mode, every map, every server.
Message 22 of 829 (4,383 Views)

Re: Game freezes between matches

★★★ Apprentice
so i found some kind of a fix but not really. i run my pc with 2 monitors so i turn off the big one and stayed with the main screen that i use. also i exit the nvidia program and moved the game from C(win folder) to an other one. played for more than 4 even 5 rounds with out this black screen load. hope it helps some one. ( oh yeah and i also disable origin in game dont know if it helps or not)
Message 23 of 829 (2,195 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

I played 3 in a row last night without haveing to alt tab del. Not a fix but improvement. Thx

(Removed all caps) - Atic 

Message 24 of 829 (2,184 Views)

★ Novice
Same here i7-7700k GTX1080
Message 25 of 829 (4,355 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
Hi guys, i'm having exactly the same problem. My hardware is AMD R390 and a Ryzen 1600. I reinstalled and moved my game from a HDD to a SSD and the problem still persists.

Could it be that problem relates to Dual Monitor setups with different refresh rates? I have my main monitor at 144hz while my other monitor is at 60hz. Do you have similar setups?
Message 26 of 829 (2,168 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

no I have a single monitor setup. the whole deal with the NVidia program isn't it either. I don't know still have to alt tab delete out of game 99% of the time. Get lucky now and then and it moves on to the next match, still no word from EA had a similar problem with bf1 after a patch but they fixed it quite quickly. 

Message 27 of 829 (2,164 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Second question, do you guys play in borderless windowed? I tried playing couple of rounds in Fullscreen and loaded fine, but it's not really enough for confirmation. I'll play more later.

Message 28 of 829 (2,189 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Ive tried both buddy, made no difference. I haven't had a match yet today this hasn't happened to me. 

Message 29 of 829 (2,177 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I've also tried all the screen modes to no avail. I turned off the Origin In-Game overlay as suggested in another thread and still have this problem. I stopped doing Quick matches and used servers with best ping - no difference (although I didn't really think it was a connection issue).

I was able to play 2 consecutive Days of an Operation but then black screen at the end of the match; in most games the transition from one Day to the next gives the same result as any other game mode - black screen. 

The only fortunate thing is that it doesn't take long to quit and get back into it although you lose momentum not to mention continuity with squads. 

Message 30 of 829 (2,172 Views)