Re: stuck on server loading screen when changing maps (double loading spinner)

by Kuiriel

Original Post

★★ Guide

The problem has changed. My mate no longer gets the double loading, he now gets a black loading screen with music. He can't deploy.

Message 781 of 829 (838 Views)

★ Guide

The problem still exist after 2nd January patch but now it's a black screen with nothing to interact with and we still need to quit the game or client ( alt+f4) , it's happening like every second match.

Message 782 of 829 (836 Views)

★★★ Newbie
I have the same issue but only when I have bad connection. PS4 platform has the same issue
Message 783 of 829 (828 Views)

★★★ Newbie
i have it too but on Ps4
Message 784 of 829 (810 Views)

Community Manager

*UPDATE*

The North American Community Manager provided an update on the status of this issue in the Quality of Life Tracker. There are additional issues the Battlefield team considers a top priority mentioned in the post which you can check by clicking HERE.

Hey Battlefield V Community,

With Battlefield V available worldwide and the Tides of War live service in full swing, it's important that we continue to pour our passion into continued improvement of the base game in parallel to development of upcoming content. Our commitment to Battlefield V's quality of life will result in a more enjoyable gameplay experience day-in and day-out, while fortifying the great game that BFV is as we introduce new experiences through the Tides of War Chapters. Inherently, this also allows for a strong dialog between the Battlefield team and you, the community.

Recently, we've addressed two major issues that were affecting the community significantly, Company Coin Max Rank Accrual and Tides of War Mission Requirements Tracking. With these two issues behind us, we are now laser-focused on addressing many of the outstanding bugs that we've identified internally, and which have been reported to us from within our community. We dig into these below.

Issue Identification and Communication Process
But before we dive into the top issues that we're working on this week, it's important to detail the process in which we identify, prioritize, and begin to address them. The process we've adopted is as follows:

• Identify Issues – Pulling from all sources to determine all outstanding game issues, including and not limited to social channels, customer support teams, direct from the community, in-game data, internal bug trackers, community-maintained bug trackers, etc.
  • Define Severity – Determine severity of each issue based on the number of players affected and the impact to systems (economy, retention, game experience, etc.).
  • Weekly Syncs – Community and Development teams meet frequently to circle on latest issues, set priorities, and establish timelines.
  • Community Communication – Provide the community with insight on issues we are prioritizing for the week and an ETA on proposed fix.
  • Issue Resolution Communication – Once we've resolved an issue, we'll let you know!

Top Issues for Week of January 28
Below are the top issues we are committed to resolving with details on when you can expect a fix to be implemented.
Please note, we are limiting this list to the top 5 -10 issues we've prioritized. So, you may not see an issue that you feel should be on this list for the week. Rest assured, we are working on improving Battlefield V in many other areas alongside the issues mentioned here.

1. Loading screen hangs between map loads

• Platforms Affected: All
  • Status: Currently, we are trying to reproduce this issue internally so that we can get detailed logs of what happens under the hood when this issue occurs. Unfortunately, it has proven very difficult to reproduce it internally so it's taking longer to debug than we had hoped, but we will keep you in the loop once we have a status update for you!

Blueberry.png
Message 785 of 829 (797 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

@EA_Blueberry 
  • Status: Currently, we are trying to reproduce this issue internally so that we can get detailed logs of what happens under the hood when this issue occurs. Unfortunately, it has proven very difficult to reproduce it internally so it's taking longer to debug than we had hoped, but we will keep you in the loop once we have a status update for you!

Well you won't find much, since the issue is primarily our EXTERNAL connection to your servers and their historically awful netcode

Message 786 of 829 (793 Views)

★★ Novice

This happening to me too, but you can try restart your game and launch it and this will help you.

Message 787 of 829 (787 Views)

★★★ Newbie

También me pasa Frown 

Message 788 of 829 (780 Views)

Re: Stuck on loading screen in between matches on xbox one

★ Novice
Yep - still going on despite updates. Sometimes it doesn't even make it past the BLACK interim screen!!
Message 789 of 829 (762 Views)

★ Apprentice

Alright y’all, I think I might’ve figured this out for PS4. I called EA technical support. They told me to restore my licenses (Settings-Account settings-restore licenses) and once you’ve done that, restart the PlayStation. This did not work. They also suggested deleting the game and reinstalling so I did that as well. Still had the problem except it wasn’t even giving me the loading icon at this point, just a black screen. So then I followed @Tileux instructions posted somewhere around 719ish and deleted the online saved data (Settings-application saved data management-saved data in online storage-delete-bfv). I had previously tried this method to no avail, but for some reason, the combination of all those steps together seemed to have fixed the issue, at least for the time being. I just played 4 matches in a row without having to restart the game and let me be the first to tell you, it was freakin amazing. Now the problem may return tomorrow, but as for right this second, it is fixed

Message 790 of 829 (740 Views)