Re: Game freezes between matches

by lordloesch

Original Post

Accepted Solution

stuck on server loading screen when changing maps (double loading spinner)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Product: Battlefield V
Platform:PC
Please specify your platform model. PC
AMD or Nvidia Model Number Nvidia 980ti
Enter RAM memory size in GB 32
Which part of the game is the issue happening in? Game Menu
In which game menu were you when the bug occurred? Round Ende -> Round Start
Please select your region Europe
On which server did this happen? Multiple
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) 09.11./10.11./08.11.
Summarize your bug When the round ends in I can see the complete round end screen and the Loadingspinner in the top right corner. When this loading spinner doesn't disapprear before the next round starts (or I press on continue), then the server loading screen shows up for a long time (never saw an end, but closed the game after about 4min while my squad already played on the new map).
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? End a round an press continue before the loading spinner dissappears.
What happens when the bug occurs? server loading screen is stuck and I have to restart the game and join my squad again. Which is really anyoing as I miss on playing time and get stuck in queues.
What should be happening instead? Server should load new map and I should play happily with my squad mates.

Double spinner in video: https://video.twimg.com/ext_tw_video/1060981170358419457/pu/vid/1280x720/C097x6D_fup8s2ky.mp4?tag=5

Message 7 of 829 (16,335 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: stuck on server loading screen when changing maps (double loading spinner)

Community Manager

@NicoZeh  @Whoudini559 

Thanks for getting back. I'll mark it as solved unless we start to see more reports on this. We know this was tough to experience and appreciate everyone hanging in there with us.

Good luck on the battlefield.

Blueberry.png

View in thread

Message 819 of 829 (5,701 Views)

All Replies

Game freezes between matches

★★★★ Apprentice

The game loads and plays great. then while the countdown is going on for the next match, or I hit the continue button the game freezes. the icon in the corner of the screen continues to spin like its thinking but nothing happens. I have to alt tab del, leave the game and then restart to play another match just to have to alt tab del again after that match. The game has worked a few times giving me hours of uninterrupted play but 90% of the time I have to leave game and get back in after every match.

I7-8700   GTX1080    z390 mother  

Message 1 of 829 (15,374 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
I have the same issue.
Message 2 of 829 (15,356 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

its getting tiresome, may have to go play red dead 2 until this is fixed

Message 3 of 829 (15,351 Views)

★★★ Novice

I've found the fix:

BE AWARE that his will delete your settings you have to customize your key bindings and video settings as you had them if you made changes.

1. First go to FOLDER PATH
  2. "C:\Users\********%uname%\Documents\Battlefield V\settings

3. NOTE******%UNAME% is ur user name that the game is installed under; usually admin.,....
  4. Delete Everything in this folder.
  5. After that go to ORIGIN
  6. GOTO: Game library
  7. RIGHT CLICK ON BATTLEFIELD V
  8. Click Repair
  9. Wait for repair to finish
  10. and RE RUN BATTLEFIELD V

Play in peace.

Message 4 of 829 (15,343 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★ Apprentice

That worked for me to thanks buddy...….

Message 5 of 829 (15,320 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

same issue after almost every game im getting the black screen with the icon on the side rolling  and nothing happens.. tried to delete settings and that repair didn't help. any other suggestions? Frown

Message 6 of 829 (15,306 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

ya I spoke to soon mine is still doing it also...   I may be onto something though.   If I close the program Nividea Gefore Experience before the game starts the next match I am able to load the next map. if I leave GeForce experience running I blackscreen or just lockup between matches. I will continue to experiment. I may be deleting that program. 

Message 8 of 829 (15,257 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
That "fix" was a red herring lol. You have to replay the opening battles and all your unlocks are there but are "new" again so if you hate seeing that annoying white dot you have to go through and view them.

Alas after going through all that I still had the same issue. Mind you I changed my settings again so if that is the culprit then I guess I'm going match - Alt Tab - close window - start until they find a real fix.
Message 9 of 829 (15,247 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
oh ok ill try that thanks m8
Message 10 of 829 (15,242 Views)