solo battle disconnection

by behemoth909

Original Post

Accepted Solution

solo battle disconnection

★★★ Newbie

Just finished a mut 22 solo battles game and won 28-7. When I pressed finished game I was disconnected from EA servers. I could immediately recconected and was left with a DNF and 0 points for the battle. This has happened often when pressing next challenge or return to challenges, and i've had to redo the challenge. Has'nt been a problem since challenges are quick to do, but full madden games take time and being disconnected due to server error after a game is unacceptable. Is there anyway to reverse the dnf and zero points as I just wasted 20 minutes playing the game for my effort to me nullified. 

Message 1 of 2 (407 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: solo battle disconnection

Community Manager

Hey there, @behemoth909 

Thanks for reaching out to us on the forums about your experience. As others have reported a similar situation in the past, we unfortunately have no means of re-adding an attempt or changing the result of the game. The servers recognize a disconnection as a DNF (despite you winning the game). We're relaying these frustrating experiences to the team so they can consider ways to remedy this in the future, whether on their side or if our Support team can help in the future. 

What I recommend doing is power cycling your network and console to make sure any local network or hardware issues that are lingering are ruled out before another game is played. It's possible these are local network hiccups that can unfortunately happen. Here are the steps below. If you haven't done these before or in a while it can make a big difference next time you load up the game. Players will usually see a noticeable improvement in connectivity. 

Reboot the power to the modem/router

1. Unplug the power cable from your modem/router for 5-10 minutes to refresh the network.

How to power cycle your Xbox console:

1. Turn off the Xbox One console by pressing the Xbox button  on the front of the console for about 10 seconds until it shuts down completely.
  2. Unplug the console’s power cable. Wait 10 seconds.

Important Be sure to wait 10 seconds. This step resets the power supply.

1. Plug the console power cable back in.
  2. Press the Xbox button  on your console to turn on the Xbox One.

Clear Mac Address

1. Clear the MAC Address: From the Xbox dashboard select Settings>All Settings>Network>Network Settings>Advanced Settings>Alternate MAC address>Clear, then restart your Xbox.

How to power cycle your PlayStation console

1. Touch the power button on the front of the PS4/5 for at least 7 seconds (until the system beeps twice).
  2. Turn it back on after 5 minutes. Launch the game.
Blueberry.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 2 (352 Views)

All Replies

Re: solo battle disconnection

Community Manager

Hey there, @behemoth909 

Thanks for reaching out to us on the forums about your experience. As others have reported a similar situation in the past, we unfortunately have no means of re-adding an attempt or changing the result of the game. The servers recognize a disconnection as a DNF (despite you winning the game). We're relaying these frustrating experiences to the team so they can consider ways to remedy this in the future, whether on their side or if our Support team can help in the future. 

What I recommend doing is power cycling your network and console to make sure any local network or hardware issues that are lingering are ruled out before another game is played. It's possible these are local network hiccups that can unfortunately happen. Here are the steps below. If you haven't done these before or in a while it can make a big difference next time you load up the game. Players will usually see a noticeable improvement in connectivity. 

Reboot the power to the modem/router

1. Unplug the power cable from your modem/router for 5-10 minutes to refresh the network.

How to power cycle your Xbox console:

1. Turn off the Xbox One console by pressing the Xbox button  on the front of the console for about 10 seconds until it shuts down completely.
  2. Unplug the console’s power cable. Wait 10 seconds.

Important Be sure to wait 10 seconds. This step resets the power supply.

1. Plug the console power cable back in.
  2. Press the Xbox button  on your console to turn on the Xbox One.

Clear Mac Address

1. Clear the MAC Address: From the Xbox dashboard select Settings>All Settings>Network>Network Settings>Advanced Settings>Alternate MAC address>Clear, then restart your Xbox.

How to power cycle your PlayStation console

1. Touch the power button on the front of the PS4/5 for at least 7 seconds (until the system beeps twice).
  2. Turn it back on after 5 minutes. Launch the game.
Blueberry.png
Message 2 of 2 (353 Views)