Re: sims wont eat, say there's something in the way when there's nothing

by iBaconstudios

Original Post

sims wont eat, say there's something in the way when there's nothing

★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Steam-PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.69.59.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Cats and dogs
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? ask sims to get a proper meal, or have sims feed a toddler
What happens when the bug occurs? the sims go and get food or ask the toddler if they need food, then go and say there's something it the way that wont let them do anything when there is nothing in the way. doesnt happen with quick or microwaved meals, just meals you have to pay for.
What do you expect to see? my sims actually eating a real meal instead of quick meals, and my toddler preferably not being taken by CPS
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

whenever i have them get real food they never eat it and say something is in the way when there is nothing in the way, this has happened with two out of three of the households i play (have not tested with the third) I need to get my sims in one household to stop being uncomfortable due to unbalanced diets and my toddler in the other household is getting hungry and i dont want him taken away. i love that dang toddler.

Message 1 of 9 (769 Views)

★★ Pro
@iBaconstudios Do they actually cook a real meal?
Message 2 of 9 (747 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

@stjmk Sometimes, there have been times where in the middle of making it they walk away and I try to get them to resume and they do the same thing. But most of the time they just place it on the table and won't ea

Message 3 of 9 (738 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

@iBaconstudiosDo they always put the group meal is in the same place? just wondering if the table/counter they place it on is a funky spot.

Message 4 of 9 (720 Views)

Hero
@iBaconstudios Did you make sure it's not a mod causing it ?

Could you post a video or picture of your setup ?

The second issue issue sounds like this: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-SAVES-Excessive-autonomous-food-preparation/td-p/9724949 but that's usually not involving a route failure

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 9 (713 Views)
Highlighted

★ Novice

@crinrict the only mods I have are cc but this was happening before I had that, and as for my setup, until I can get a picture the best way I can describe the two is this: both of which were completely accessible especially in the first one. It was practically in the middle of the room, I have tried moving chairs but I got the same problem, they even refused to eat on the couch which was also accessible. Now one thing is that I happened to move one household to another lot so now the dining room is different, but pretty much the same in accessibility. I have no idea if that fixed the problem as I have yet to play the new lot but I'll have to try it when I get back on.

Message 6 of 9 (696 Views)

★ Novice

@stjmk they usually place it on the table when they're done, then just walk away and when I call they say nothing is there. And again I have no problem with quick or microwaved meals. Just normal meals or feeding a toddler.

Message 7 of 9 (694 Views)

★★ Pro
@iBaconstudios One thing you might check is to move the table out of the way and see if Sims can walk on all units of the grid it is sitting on.
Message 8 of 9 (690 Views)

Hero
@iBaconstudios Would you mind uploading your house to the gallery ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 9 of 9 (647 Views)