Re: sims can’t use the toilet

by amiejadie

Original Post

sims can’t use the toilet

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.75.125.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? all expansions all game packs except batuu all stuff packs except luxury party, perfect patio, spooky, my first pet only the country kitchen kit
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? not sure what is meant by this question
What happens when the bug occurs? sims cannot use any toilet in a specific game file. have tried repairing the game and removing cc files but nothing has fixed it.
What do you expect to see? i mean they should be able to use the toilet, right?!
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

sims are unable to use the toilet in a specific save file (haven’t checked other saves yet). have tried to repair the game and remove all cc files but nothing has fixed the issue. 

Message 1 of 8 (1,137 Views)

Hero
@amiejadie Could you give some more details what happens ? Does it just drop from queue ? Have you tested other households to make sure it's not something blocking the toilet ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 8 (1,098 Views)

★★★ Newbie

so the action doesn’t drop from the queue, rather they can’t complete the action as if there’s something in the way. but it’s not just in their house, it’s every building in all worlds (i’ve not edited any of the premise ea builds). and it’s only happening in this one save file. 

Message 3 of 8 (1,078 Views)

Hero
@amiejadie Like this report: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-Use-toilet-interaction-not-completed-in-queue/td-p... ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 8 (1,067 Views)

★★★ Newbie

not quite, they attempt to use the toilet but can’t. 

Message 5 of 8 (1,057 Views)

Hero
@amiejadie Could you please post a video ?

Best to upload to unlisted youtube and link here. Videos uploaded here are usually too small to really see something.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 8 (1,027 Views)

Hero
@amiejadie would you mind posting a video of what you're seeing ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 8 (990 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I started having this issue as well a few days ago. I tried removing CC toilets but even EA toilets do this.

When I click on the toilet, the Upgrade option is still available, as well as cleaning options if it's dirty, flush if it's full, and/or throw up if a Sim is feeling sick. The "Use" option is gone completely. So far, I've only played on one save file since this bug popped up, so I'm unsure if it affects all my saves. 

Thankfully, I have Get Together installed and the bushes still work as toilets so I had to put several on my lot! 

I am also on PC. My other packs are Dine Out, Tiny Living, Laundry Day, and Seasons. 

I mostly use CAS & Build CC but have MCCC, Wonderful Whims, Personality Please, KS Education System for script mods. I recently tried using one that would allow Sims who are friends/family with those they are visiting to cook/etc without getting yelled at for being inappropriate, but it was kind of old and that might have broken things. I did remove it, but the toilets remain broken. Everything else seems to be functioning ok. 

I can provide more information when I am off work and can log in to the game. 

Message 8 of 8 (957 Views)