by FiretheSky

Original Post

sims 4 parental panic after work/school

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.75.125.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? I don't think it matters but I have city living it was in an apartment I think that one might matter?
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? make 2 sims, make at least the dad have a job, make them have a child together, and use a mod to make her in labor while the dad is at work *or it can happen naturally before you try if your lucky*
What happens when the bug occurs? when the dad goes into the baby room *naturally or instructed don't think it matters* he does the pre-parental panic.
What do you expect to see? the dad being normal
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

I have a mod that allows teens to have babies and the mom went into labor while at school. when the dad came home and saw the baby he did pre-parental panic. I don't think it's a feature and if so it should not be. wish I took a screenshot for proof! also this is the first time it happened. honestly, I'm kinda proud of myself for figuring this out.

Message 1 of 3 (992 Views)

Re: sims 4 parental panic after work/school

Champion

If you have both parents in your household,“pre-parental panic” queues automatically on the second parent when the first goes into labor/gives birth. If they’re in the middle of something else at the time, it can sometimes be absurdly delayed because it doesn’t seem to cancel anything already queued, but I never really thought of that as a bug.

Are you suggesting that the reaction shouldn’t happen, or that all current actions should cancel to better time the reaction?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
I am a Volunteer for Answers HQ, I do not work for EA
She/Her
Message 2 of 3 (966 Views)

Re: sims 4 parental panic after work/school

★★★ Apprentice

I honestly think it should cancel out 5 seconds after she goes into labor to better time it

Message 3 of 3 (908 Views)