sims 4 current freezing problem

by timofeatake

Original Post

sims 4 current freezing problem

★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? latest
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? get famous, parenthood, careers
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? launch game
What happens when the bug occurs? ill launch the game and go into create sims, while creating my sim and after a few moments it freezes (I havent attempted actual gameplay as I have not even been able to successfully create a sim)
What do you expect to see? game freezes but sound continues as if it wasn't frozen
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

fff

Message 1 of 7 (500 Views)

Re: sims 4 current freezing problem

★ Novice

I also need an answer, I can't even get through 10 minutes of the game

Message 2 of 7 (472 Views)

@timofeatake @ShannonnF 

Please can you provide more information about your Mac. Instructions on how to do so and what to provide here - http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-Mac/READ-FIRST-Sims-4-Mac-Help-Guides-and-Troubleshooting/m-p/4612...

I’m asking for specific details because it could either be a known freezing issue or a specific problem on Macs with M1 chips.

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 3 of 7 (443 Views)

★ Novice

Im actually having this issue on PC

Message 4 of 7 (419 Views)

Hero
@ShannonnF Is your game freezing in CAS as the OP ? Macs have their own issues and this thread was for CAS specifically

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 7 (406 Views)

★ Novice

It freezes in CAS, during gameplay, during build, during saving etc it's a game problem not just a Mac problem. There's not another thread that explains the issues so I replied to this one. 

Message 6 of 7 (380 Views)

★ Guide

I'm having problems with the screen going blank. It hadn't happened in a while, but it started again, so I'm not sure if it's a problem when you start a new game now.

Message 7 of 7 (359 Views)