sim will auto solve every need / satsify them on their own, except fun

by glittervolt

Original Post

sim will auto solve every need / satsify them on their own, except fun

★ Novice
I have two sims in a relatively large house with a lot of objects (including lots of fun objects), but when I click the fun need, they just stand there -- even if they are "very tense" from a critically low fun bar and are in a room with a computer, tv, and radio. It wasn't always like this so I'm under the impression it's something I added or a wall I placed or something that might be messing up the pathfinding. When the sim goes across the street from the house they can auto solve fun again; they play a game on their phone or something. I saved a copy of the house, moved them out and back into an unfurnished version of it, and they could autosolve for fun again, but when I loaded the copy of the house with their belongings it seemed they couldn't. But when they visit other sims' lots they can.
Message 1 of 5 (3,444 Views)

Re: sim will auto solve every need / satsify them on their own, except fun

Hero

Does it work proplery if you direct them to use the items manually ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 5 (3,434 Views)

★ Novice

It does, they can perform the action and fill their fun need if I direct them to do it manually. but obviously that's kind of a pain if i'm trying to manage other sims.

it just happened in another household too, but only to my child sim. i'm suspicious it might be an object like a decoration or something, because it only started happening after i added a new room and furnished it and the only objects i could see in common with the other house it was happening are the roman architectural studies, the viney league scrolls, and the old fashioned camera (maybe since viewing art increases fun it could be screwing something up while the game is trying to decide what would make the most sense for the sim to do to fill that need?). but removing them doesn't seem to fix it so i dunno.

probably irrelevant but all households affected have an adult in the criminal career too. i'd just switched the adults in this one back to the crime career right before i noticed it happening.

Message 3 of 5 (3,425 Views)

Hero

I've added although I do think there's probably something that triggers this.

You're not useing mods, right ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 5 (3,423 Views)

Hero

@glittervolt Is this still an issue for you ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 5 of 5 (3,344 Views)