[season 12] Constant crashes to desktop without any message

★★ Expert

Product: Apex Legends
Platform:Steam-PC
Please specify your platform model. PC
AMD or Nvidia Model Number RX 6800 XT
Enter RAM memory size in GB 32
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? Psyhix69
Please provide your squad mates' gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name if possible.
Are you using any software with an overlay? Yes
If yes, can you list them here? AMD Adrenalin
If you disable this software, does that have any effect? No
Which Legend were you playing (if applicable)? Loba
Which Legends were your squad mates using (if applicable)?
Where did the issue occur? In a match
Which part of the map or menu were you in? If you don't remember the exact name, please describe the area or what you were trying to do in the menu. olympus
What were you doing when the issue occurred? E.g. respawning a squad mate at a beacon, using an ability, a squad mate left the game. looting
Did your squad mates also experience the issue? I don't know
How many matches had you played in a row before the issue occurred? couple, it happens periodically
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) 2022/02/11
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
How severe is your issue? Major impacts to gameplay
What happens when the bug occurs? crash to desktop without any message
What should be happening instead? I should be able to play
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? play

Screenshot:

Screenshot 2022-02-11 063519.png

As You can see this crashes are happening constantly, so it's nothing new. Also more, and more people are experiencing this. Just go into the match and You will see d/c icon in your teammates. The same with twitch players that put huge amount of hours into the game, they are also crashing constantly.

Message 1 of 311 (15,474 Views)

Re: [season 12] Constant crashes to desktop without any message

★ Guide

I have a feeling the crashes are caused by dive trails or flying in general, every single crash I've experienced has happened during the following:
Dropping from drop ship at the start of a game
Using Valkyrie Ult
Someone uses Valkyrie Ult near me

Using a jump tower
Using the green launch pads in control (Storm Point map)

all of these activate flight, and every crash I had was during these, never crashed outside of this, it's so annoying especially when it happens near the end of a match

Message 2 of 311 (15,402 Views)

★★★ Novice

The same thing is happening to me.

I've been playing most of the day and I've experienced about 10 crashes in ranked matches

If I load fast enough, i can continue in the game but, 9/10, the game is a loss and I've lost about 300 RP from an error like this

Super inconvenient

Message 3 of 311 (15,310 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I opened the dump files in MS visual studio and the code exception listed in all of them was: 
The thread tried to read from or write to a virtual address for which it does not have the appropriate access.

Message 4 of 311 (15,119 Views)

★★ Expert

From todays crashes I got this screenshot:

Screenshot 2022-02-13 103042.png

Message 5 of 311 (15,100 Views)

★★ Novice

As the poster above indicated, seems dive trail related or maybe valk. I don't quite understand how this isn't  one of the most urgent bugs. Does support need more details or dumps? Everyone on my friends list, random multi-player lobbies is having this issue. When it occurs, it's pretty much a round loss. 

Message 6 of 311 (15,029 Views)

★★★ Novice

I think that it has nothing to do with trails or Valk. I´m having crashes continously this season in many different scenarios. I´m writing right now as i got a crash on a ranked game taking a zipline... so, its something endemic to the game 

Message 7 of 311 (14,965 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Me and my friends have the same issues, super annoying!!!

Message 8 of 311 (14,727 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Crashed a ton the past few days. Same issue everyone else is having here. I don't have an overclocked card or ram. I will put my PC specs down below just incase it happens to be hardware related but after I have seen a bunch of hardware in this and other threads it seems its both AMD/Intel CPU's and AMD/Nvidia GPU's so its not a specific brand but the game itself in my opinion.

GPU: 3080ti
CPU: 5900x
RAM: Trident 32 GB 3600
SSD: Samsung 1TB 

I have tried a Clean Install of the Graphics Drivers and I have tried to reduce my max FPS to 120 all doesn't work. Next step I'm gonna reinstall the game and see if the issue still persists.

EDIT: I have uninstalled and done a clean install of graphics drivers to no use and I have uninstalled game and reinstalled and still having the same issue! So if you are having the same issue save some time and let it be known that reinstalling the game does not help at all.

EDIT #2: I just crashed after managing to get roughly 10k+ damage on the new prestige skin and now after crash I only have my last BR play-through. WHY IS IT RESETTING MY PRESIGE SKIN DAMAGE WHEN I CRASH Frown I just spent the last 2 hours grinding damage for the prestige skin and I crash and it takes it away. Brilliant game 

Message 9 of 311 (14,516 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Non stop crashing in season 12.  Twice in 1 game. And pretty much once per 3 games

3080TI

AMD 5900

32GB Ram

Message 10 of 311 (14,372 Views)