by Nuke615

Original Post

resizing walls makes steps vanish

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.48.94.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? all expansions, several game and stuff packs
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? try resizing any wall or fence anywhere on this lot, and the greenhouse steps vanish
What happens when the bug occurs? steps in one place vanish
What do you expect to see? wall or fence to be resized (shorter/longer) and not have a set of steps far away vanish
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Happened after the patch that lets us raise or lower separate foundations and terraform the lot

May be just this lot and hard to replicate, but no matter what wall/fence I try to make shorter or longer (anywhere on the lot), the steps that are highlighted in yellow vanish (see screenshot 378).  Needless to say, I cannot reduce the height of the foundation on a separate building, as I cannot shrink the fence to separate the buildings on the lot without losing access (steps) into the greenhouse.  You can see this happens even if I try to resize the wall on the opposite end of the structure, but only for that particular set of steps in yellow (see screenshot 380).  The exterior steps into the greenhouse are not affected.

https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/browse?category=lots&searchtype=item_name&so...

Message 1 of 4 (456 Views)

Re: resizing walls makes steps vanish

★★★ Guide

found a work-around.  I had to create a 2x2 floor piece and place the steps adjacent to it.  I was then able to shorten the fence and lower the foundation on the garage without the steps vanishing.

Message 2 of 4 (442 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@Nuke615 glad to see you found a workaround.  I thought I would provide you with this link to a thread regarding a bug right now with placing stairs in a split level - I think it's part of what you were running into.  You may want to click "Me Too" on that thread to bring more attention to the issue.

Message 3 of 4 (410 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

Thanks....I me too'd at that link...the OP of that thread you posted a link to was using terraforming tools when placing a staircase.....I only tried to lower a foundation of a separate structure connected.  But I think both issues are directly related to the new tools we have to work with.  I wanted the ability to change foundation heights on separate structures for the longest time....glad the ability to do this has arrived. Wink

Message 4 of 4 (389 Views)