Re: removing floor removes curved wall.

by Pick-a-boo_doo

Original Post

removing floor removes curved wall.

★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.90.375.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? expansions: all but discover university and highschool years game packs: all but my wedding stories and jungle adventures stuff packs: paranormal, perfect patio, tiny living, romantic garden, and nifty nitting kits: none
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? place a curved wall room on the ground floor, remove all but the curved wall and turn it into a fence, then attempt to remove the floor.
What happens when the bug occurs? when I attempt to remove the floor of the curved wall turned fence it deletes the curved wall with it.
What do you expect to see? I expect that when I remove the floor by any means the curved wall with remain.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

I am playing in the cottage living expansion in its respective world, the lot is 2 olde mill lane. The lot challenges are simple living and off the grid, the lot traits are homey, great soil, and on ley line.

Message 1 of 3 (2,650 Views)

Hero

@Kryptoseyvyian 

I tested this and got the same thing.  It is not just a fence that it happens with.  It happens with the walls themselves.  The floor can't be deleted for any of the curved wall sections after you delete any wall tile segment.  And if you delete the floor first, then when you delete a wall tile segment, the entire thing disappears.  I doubt this is intended to happen, so I think it's a bug. 

Hope this helps.

Message 2 of 3 (2,628 Views)

★★★★ Guide
@Kryptoseyvyian At this point it seems to be more of a design than a bug.
There seems to be a workaround for the content of this post.
https://simscommunity.info/2022/08/14/creating-your-own-decorative-round-walls-in-the-sims-4/
You may want to take advantage of it.
Message 3 of 3 (2,587 Views)