Re: "you are already the commissioner of 20 leagues "

by natfrum

Original Post

Community Manager

This was raised up to the team yesterday. We'll update you all when we find out more. If you encounter any workaround fixes that others can try out to help get into their Franchises please feel free to share, information like that can also be helpful for the team to know what could be triggering this. 

Blueberry.png
Message 11 of 141 (1,014 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

You shared a link to this problem from 2019. How is it that EA can go years at a time without resolving problems and still charge for new games each year?

Message 12 of 141 (1,008 Views)

Community Manager

@TheMcGrathSean wrote:

You shared a link to this problem from 2019. How is it that EA can go years at a time without resolving problems and still charge for new games each year?

@TheMcGrathSean 

This was the solution when this was reported in the past, which also wasn't reported that often. This appear to be player confusing on where to locate all their league's saved files. There is a technical cap on how many you can have.

1st - Go to your Franchise

2nd - Go to your Cloud

3rd - From there you will have 3 options Load Franchise, Search Leagues, and Pending Invites and select "LOAD FRANCHISE"

4th - Finally from there man you can see that there are 20 saved leagues that you can delete from to open up space so you can continue to use the Play Now Live option.

If this does not fix it for players, it seems likely this is a different and new issue that requires investigation. 

Blueberry.png
Message 13 of 141 (1,000 Views)

Maximum leagues

★★ Novice

So I’m on madden 22 on PS4 and it keeps saying I’m the commissioner of 20 leagues and to delete one and I have no leagues I can delete 

Message 14 of 141 (980 Views)

★★ Novice

Has it worked ?

Message 15 of 141 (971 Views)

★★ Novice

I still have this problem 2 weeks later... I have no saved franchises on my system. The fix from 2018 obviously doesn't work. I've uninstalled the game twice. What's frustrating is I remember getting this bug in madden 20. I've never played a game franchise that makes it so hard to play the actual game.... I guess time for 2k

Message 16 of 141 (948 Views)

★★★ Newbie

how to fix it

Message 17 of 141 (895 Views)

★★★ Newbie

No, it doesn’t give the upturn to load franchise. All that you can do is create one, Join an online one, or view online invites.

Message 18 of 141 (869 Views)

★ Novice

@EA_Blueberry  It is not the case that players are confused about where to locate their league's saved files. If anyone is confused, it is you. As it appears to be the exact same issue as before, but the workarounds no longer exist.

Here is why:

Users cannot create a cloud franchise since the game incorrectly recognizes "20 leagues". Likely due to connection being lost from the EA servers when a league is being set up. A common error message. This can be demonstrated using Search Leagues, if the user was actually commissioner of 20 leagues they would find them here. However, when the leagues are searched for under the user name they do not appear. Further, there is a cut-off to the number of saved notification messages regarding league activity meaning they cannot be deleted that way either.

Message 19 of 141 (846 Views)

★★ Novice
@EA_Blueberry It seems to occur because of the desync/lost connection bug that happens when you try to start a brand new online franchise. As that desync happens during the creation of a new franchise, the system or cloud recognises the new franchise as created and playable when it is not.
The problem is, we the users do not have access to that "phantom" save slot for the new franchise we attempted to create. It simply is inaccessible. We end up trying to create a new franchises to play. If that "desync" bug occurs again, the "hidden" save slots eventually stack up till we reach our 20 league limit. The game or cloud or whatever recognises those "failed" franchise saves when it should not. It gives the user no access to them.
This "hidden save slots" bug that gives the 20 league limit message occurs because of the "desync" bug that is still a problem. A bug on top of a bug.
I've tried literally every possible way to find those "phantom" franchises, even deleting the game and save data from all points and reinstalling them. The reason this doesn't work is because our EA account is linked to our console user account. This then means it backs up our data and progress which includes the franchises we can and cannot see. Its just a cascade of problems, one on top of another.
I've tried to be as thorough as possible in identifying the reasons and chain of events that lead to this bug happening. Please, please do the same to address these problems.
Message 20 of 141 (813 Views)