"no results" for roofs, and other build bugs.

by sheseems

Original Post

Accepted Solution

"no results" for roofs, and other build bugs.

★★★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.59.73.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Every Expansion, Every game pack, Laundry day stuff, Toddler stuff, Vintage Glamour Stuff, Backyard stuff & Holiday Celebration Pack
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? It's a build/build materials bug. Walls, Floors and Roofs are affected.
What happens when the bug occurs? When roofs are selected in Build mode, "no results" message shows when no filters have been set. Also, the game is omitting the majority of the wall and floor patterns from my packs. Roofs also disappear during gameplay and in the world view screen Additionally, during game play the game replaced all of my walls and floors with the limited selection it shows in build mode. Lastly, certain sims do not show up in the view world screen as part of the household when the home is selected. In house holds of 2 or more it seems random. In households with 1 sim the main sim is always missing.
What do you expect to see? Roofing tool options should display in build mode and view world screen. Wall Patterns and Floors from all purchased pack should display. Game should display selected roofs, wall patterns and floor choices. All sims should display when household is selected on view world screen
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Maybe this is a result of the new patch? All of my packs still show up as owned on the main menu screen. I have exited and restarted the game 3 times now and the issue persists. 

It's a pretty distracting bug as all of my houses basically have wood board siding and wall papers... Hopefully it can be fixed soon! Thanks for your help and patience.

Message 1 of 2 (1,360 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: "no results" for roofs, and other build bugs.

Hero
@sheseems Try right clicking on the game in Origin and hit repair game. That should fix this.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 2 of 2 (1,337 Views)

All Replies

Re: "no results" for roofs, and other build bugs.

Hero
@sheseems Try right clicking on the game in Origin and hit repair game. That should fix this.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 2 (1,338 Views)