by ponyfhtagn

Original Post

"Voting Is Closed" makes the speed lockup

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.64.84.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? all of them (except the knitting one)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have the game running at 3x speed when N.A.P. voting closes, Monday between 6pm and 7pm. (Possibly need NPC voting disabled.)
What happens when the bug occurs? If my game is running at 3x speed when N.A.P. voting closes (Monday between 6pm and 7pm) then time will become stuck on 3x speed but with no one doing anything. I cannot pause or select a different speed. Pressing escape brings up the menu but I see the game still moving behind it. Then (after a handful of real world minutes) time is returned to normal and I get a notification that says "voting is closed." (I have NPC voting disabled if that's relevant.)
What do you expect to see? I except time to behave normally. I expect to see the "voting is closed" notification and that's it. Not have my whole game thrown out of control for several real-world minutes.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. This is related to Eco Lifestyle, because voting is part of Eco Lifestyle. It has been an issue since I installed Eco Lifestyle. (BTW, I have removed all custom content and mods, cleared the cache, repaired the game, started a new save, and none of it helps.)

TL;DR -- "Voting Is Closed" causes my game's time / speed to lockup for several real-world minutes during which my sims won't do any actions.

If my game is running at 3x speed when N.A.P. voting closes (Monday between 6pm and 7pm) then time will become stuck on 3x speed but with no one doing anything (so breathing and blinking and looking around, but not doing any actions). I cannot pause or select a different speed. Pressing escape brings up the menu but I see the game still moving behind it. Opening the gallery does nothing. Opening my sim's inventory, info panel or other panels does nothing. Needs do not decay. The clock doesn't advance. The sun WILL start to set and get darker, but then (after a handful of real world minutes) time is returned to normal, the sun will jump back to where it was, everyone will start doing things again, I can pause or hit escape as per normal, and I get a notification that says "voting is closed." It happens every. single. week. Every time voting closes I go through this. I haven't tested if it happens with 1x speed or 2x speed because I'm often not paying attention to when it's about to happen and I'm just 3x speeding along minding my own business. (Also, I have NPC voting disabled if that's relevant.)

I have removed all custom content and mods, cleared the cache, repaired the game, started a new save, and none of it helps.

EDIT: can confirm that remaining at 1x speed when Monday 6pm rolls around does not help - time locks up just the same.

Message 1 of 1 (449 Views)