"Try relaunching the game to continue linking accounts" msg, game won't launch

by BenShenobi

Original Post

Highlighted

"Try relaunching the game to continue linking accounts" msg, game won't launch

★★★ Newbie

Product: Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order
Platform:Steam-PC
Summarize your bug Can't launch the game because Origin keeps saying "Try relaunching the game to continue linking accounts" whenever I try.
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Ask to use the computer of any of the thousands of people who have been experiencing this bug since 2019 with no fix. I'm sure many of your employees can be counted among those numbers.
What happens when the bug occurs? The Error window with the message "Try relaunching the game to continue linking accounts" appears. Only option is click OK. Window disappears and nothing else happens. The game doesn't launch.
What do you expect to see? I expect Origin to not get in the way, and for the game to launch successfully.

I should not be required to run a second piece of software to run the game. And if I must, I expect it to not be a buggy embarrassment. This makes me wonder how you even create games successfully. I can't believe that after the amount of complaints and the amount of time you've not fixed it. The only thing this shows is that you're inept. I don't think it's even fair to give you the benefit of assuming it's that you just don't care. 

Message 1 of 4 (634 Views)

Re: "Try relaunching the game to continue linking accounts" msg, game

EA DICE Team
@BenShenobi if you turn off Origin and start the game using Steam does that help?

/Atic
Message 2 of 4 (525 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@EA_Atic It won't let me start the game without Origin. If I uninstall Origin, it won't start the game without installing Origin again. I found a fix someone shared that involved changing the origin.exe file Properties > Compatibility by checking the "Overide high DPI scaling behaviour" box and selecting System from the drop down. It worked for one launch, but hasn't worked since, with the same issue occurring again.
Message 3 of 4 (490 Views)

EA DICE Team
It was more that steam force start origin more then anything. @BenShenobi

Can you try clearing Origin cache and see if that help. (uninstalling Origin dont clear this) https://help.ea.com/en/help/faq/clear-cache-to-fix-problems-with-your-games/

/Atic
Message 4 of 4 (405 Views)