Re: "Too Early" on Faceoffs

by MarlieCash

Original Post

"Too Early" on Faceoffs

★★★★★ Apprentice

Product: NHL 21
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Make any controller move that isn't a perfect forehand or backhand grip. I mean, be off by like 1 degree or less.
What happens when the bug occurs? You get flagged for "too early" and have no further controls, meaning an automatic faceoff loss.
What do you expect to see? The guy get kicked from the circle, for one, or at least some sort of restoration of controls after a period of time, or something. Not just "stand there and watch helplessly as you lose the faceoff"
Was the issue in online or offline mode? Offline
Insert Game Mode or Feature here Franchise Mode
What time did you see the bug? (HH:MM AM/PM)
What is your time zone? EST (IET) - GMT - 5:30
What is your gamertag/PSN ID?
PS4 Crash Reporting: Please copy the text you put in the crash report here.
EASHL issues? Please insert your Club Region.
What is your game language? English

This is another one that I'm just tired of seeing.  Sometimes, there's an inadvertent bump of the controller, sometimes you're just off on choosing a grip by a fraction of a percentage, but whatever the reason is, being flagged for "too early" ruins that faceoff, and is not realistic.  In the NHL, guys get kicked from the circle (or get a ref warning).  Hell, it's a penalty if the replacement causes an infraction.  This is easy programming.  What's the point to just locking you out of that faceoff?  Do better.

Message 1 of 9 (946 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

No word?  Tell us it will be addressed in the next version at least.

Message 2 of 9 (877 Views)

Community Manager

Hi there, @davehoehn970 

You can avoid the too early message by timing your faceoffs better. As far as getting kicked out of the faceoff circle goes, hopefully, that will be added in the future. The dev team is aware of the requests for this. Thanks!

Aljo.png
Message 3 of 9 (845 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

@EA_Aljo 

Dude, I could also avoid the message if there was a fraction of tolerance in the skill stick positioning.

Don't just tell me to "get gud".

Message 4 of 9 (843 Views)

Community Manager

@davehoehn970 

Thanks for the feedback. It's appreciated. If anything changes we'll faceoffs, we'll announce that on our official channels.

Aljo.png
Message 5 of 9 (833 Views)

★★ Novice

You should still be able to recover a face-off if your too early. If I jump accidentally, I should have atleast get 2secs to recover- sometimes the referee stalls to drop the puck. So in this case put a recovery timer of 1-2 seconds and add *faceoff recovered* if there’s a *too early* message first. Just my thought on not being able to recover and helplessly lose that faceoff like the first comment mentioned.

Message 6 of 9 (741 Views)

★★★★ Novice

The trick is to use the stick to the right or left before the players enters the faceoff position.

that eliminates 90% of them.

Message 7 of 9 (683 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

@Gargol_76 wrote:

The trick is to use the stick to the right or left before the players enters the faceoff position.

that eliminates 90% of them.

This is not the issue. Anyway, maybe someday EA will build the "get kicked out of the circle" animation.

Message 8 of 9 (673 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@davehoehn970 Just noticed this post and yes... This is something I have wanted for a long time now. Sometimes it's me not being centered enough with the stick, I might bump it, I have even damaged my thumb and for that reason it has some twitching that I can't really control all the time. I lose so many faceoffs because I was too early and then I just have to wait there for the other player/AI to take it.
Message 9 of 9 (537 Views)