Re: "Taking damage kicks you out of deathbox/replicater" constantly re

by EA_David

Original Post

Accepted Solution

"Taking damage kicks you out of deathbox/replicater" constantly resets on launch

★ Novice

Product: Apex Legends
Platform:PC
Please specify your platform model. PC
AMD or Nvidia Model Number 10DE 2184 37921462
Enter RAM memory size in GB 16GB
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? ArtVali
Please provide your squad mates' gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name if possible.
Are you using any software with an overlay? No
Which Legend were you playing (if applicable)?
Which Legends were your squad mates using (if applicable)?
Where did the issue occur? In the lobby (waiting area before the match)
Which part of the map or menu were you in? If you don't remember the exact name, please describe the area or what you were trying to do in the menu. In the main menu changing settings
What were you doing when the issue occurred? E.g. respawning a squad mate at a beacon, using an ability, a squad mate left the game. Nothing memorable happened to cause this
Did your squad mates also experience the issue? I don't know
How many matches had you played in a row before the issue occurred? Every time I launch Apex Legends
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) Unsure of when it started, around last season though
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
How severe is your issue? Minor impact to gameplay
What happens when the bug occurs? My "Taking damage kicks you out of deathbox and replicater" setting constantly resets to "ON" instead of "OFF" after I launch the game all the time, I have to constantly change it back to off and I've reinstalled the game and verify game files on steam.
What should be happening instead? The "Taking damage kicks you out of deathbox and replicater" setting should stay the same throughout different sessions
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Change "Taking damage kicks you out of deathbox and replicater" to "OFF" Exit Apex Legends completely Load back into Apex Legends "Taking damage kicks you out of deathbox and replicater" will change back to "ON"

Please help

Message 1 of 6 (1,100 Views)

Accepted Solution

Community Manager
Ok, thanks. Can you go to C:\Users\yourusername\\Saved Games\Respawn\Apex\profile and delete the profile.cfg file?

This is the local file for these settings and for some reason your system seems to be blocking Apex from saving any changes to it. You can manually go in and tweak variables, (player_setting_damage_closes_deathbox_menu is your main concern) but often issues with this can be bypassed by deleting the file, then letting the game create a new one from a default template when you start the game next.
David.png
Stay and Play.png

View in thread

Message 4 of 6 (1,074 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager
@artvali Interesting, do any other config changes fail to "stick"?

If you restart Apex as an admin, make the toggle, then perform a quick restart, does the change stick then?
David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 2 of 6 (1,084 Views)

★ Novice

I started Apex as an admin and toggled 

Gameplay

Interact Prompt to COMPACT

Taking Damage Closes Deathbox or Crafting Menu to OFF

Hop-up Pop-up to OFF

Video

FOV Ability Scaling DISABLED

Sprint View Shake MINIMAL

Then went into the firing range for a minute before closing apex and opening it up again as an admin

Everything changed back to default for these settings

Message 3 of 6 (1,078 Views)

Community Manager
Ok, thanks. Can you go to C:\Users\yourusername\\Saved Games\Respawn\Apex\profile and delete the profile.cfg file?

This is the local file for these settings and for some reason your system seems to be blocking Apex from saving any changes to it. You can manually go in and tweak variables, (player_setting_damage_closes_deathbox_menu is your main concern) but often issues with this can be bypassed by deleting the file, then letting the game create a new one from a default template when you start the game next.
David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 4 of 6 (1,075 Views)

★ Novice

This worked, thanks a lot for the solution. It was really annoying having to set this setting back every time, have a lovely day or night!

Message 5 of 6 (1,065 Views)
Highlighted

Community Manager

Good stuff, thanks for the confirmation. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 6 of 6 (1,057 Views)