"Player Lock" in Grand Arena is misleading

★★ Apprentice

Product: Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes
Platform:Apple iPad
What type of device are you experiencing the issue with? Ipad
OS Version Current
Ally Code: (Find it here: http://bit.ly/AllyCode ) 587-741-283
What type of issue do you have? Gameplay
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Summarize your bug Grand Arena says "player lock" before it begins, but changes made after joining do not take affect and there is no way to leave and rejoin like in Territory Wars.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Join Grand Arena, make changes, and see how nothing happens.
Connection Type Wifi
Please select your region North America
Country USA

I joined the current Grand Arena and upgraded several characters' gear and mods in anticipation of the beginning (see attached examples), relying on the timer that says "Player Lock in..." None of my changes took affect, leaving many of my characters unsuitable for gameplay, which I realized after setting my defenses. I was aware of the change in Territory Wars where player lock occurs at the moment of joining. I am only now finding out that the same thing is true in Grand Arena. It has not been an issue in TW because you can quit and rejoin after making changes. There is apparently no way to do this in Grand Arena. Because of the misleading information in the game involving how much time we have to make changes, I am about to lose against the one player in bracket that I had a chance of beating, severely reducing my rewards.

14AD59BC-86B6-4446-8DEC-5AE75D454E66.png
614F7ED4-266F-4ED1-B990-A9F48C5A9764.png
1056CB06-04B5-4E29-9567-F1D49C1B0DC9.png
Message 1 of 7 (2,457 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: "Player Lock" in Grand Arena is misleading

Community Manager (retired)
@FuzzEGub Hi there, thanks for the report. Just to clarify, in Grand Arena Championships, the player roster is locked the moment you hit the Join button. Player Lock will still have a timer until the Matchmaking because that's the amount of time players have to join before players are locked for that GAC.

I know it's a bit confusing and we are looking into ways to make this more comprehensive.

While this is not a bug, you can submit it as Feedback in this section of the official forum where we gather all the feedback:
https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/categories/feedback-home

Thank you and happy holidays!

View in thread

Message 3 of 7 (2,400 Views)

All Replies

★★ Apprentice

The second screenshot of Wat showing the gear changes made is apparently too large to post.

Message 2 of 7 (2,415 Views)

Community Manager (retired)
@FuzzEGub Hi there, thanks for the report. Just to clarify, in Grand Arena Championships, the player roster is locked the moment you hit the Join button. Player Lock will still have a timer until the Matchmaking because that's the amount of time players have to join before players are locked for that GAC.

I know it's a bit confusing and we are looking into ways to make this more comprehensive.

While this is not a bug, you can submit it as Feedback in this section of the official forum where we gather all the feedback:
https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/categories/feedback-home

Thank you and happy holidays!
Message 3 of 7 (2,401 Views)

★★ Apprentice
@CG_MindTricks I've found a series of posts where you are "looking into ways," but it seems no one has thought to just type something other than "player lock." That's hardly gamechanging code to be resolved. In the meantime, we are being misled into believing the players will in fact lock at a certain time, and it's having a direct impact on our ability to succeed in a part of the game you have seen fit to constitute a major time commitment on our part. You expect us to research, strategize, review, and conduct multiple attacks over most of the days in a month, but you aren't willing to take 10 minutes to change the words "player lock" to "arena battles begin" just to make sure there's no confusion. Not sure exactly why we owe it to you to continue to participate if you're unwilling to expend even a modicum of effort to ensure at least some fairness in the process.
Message 4 of 7 (2,365 Views)

Please keep in mind MindTricks doesn’t actually code the game, and can’t control what the devs do. The devs set priorities based on a variety of things, and one text-based change seems simple, but it’s also probably a low priority given they explicitly announced this change in advance.

So if players aren’t willing to pay a little bit of attention to the main announcement forums, then perhaps they deserve to miss things. And of course, players can always not join GA if remembering the timing of player lock is too complicated.

★ Novice

Either change it so that it is 'Player Lock', or stop calling it 'Player Lock'!

Message 6 of 7 (2,171 Views)

Community Manager
Closing thread to limit necroposting. See our forum rules for more: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Answers-HQ-Announcements/New-EA-Forum-Rules-amp-Guidelines/td-p/6075534
Lanna.png____________________________________________________________

*Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
*Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
*XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Please only DM me if I've asked you to, or in the case of highly sensitive content. General questions/issues/topics are best shared on the forum where others can take part/benefit from the responses/solutions/workarounds

Message 7 of 7 (2,091 Views)