by ZerbuTabek

Original Post

Re: "Paint from Reference" Returns Blank Canvas

★★★ Novice

I'm on PC

Message 11 of 30 (1,815 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I'm on PC. I managed to fix the problem by deleting my "The Sims 4" folder and starting fresh (and then copying over all my old saves) but I'm still not sure what was causing the problem.

Message 12 of 30 (1,814 Views)

Hero

Could everyone try this then

Try resetting your user files as described in the factory reset described in this post: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/FAQ-Troubleshooting-Steps-amp-Known-Issues/m-p/3621199

You won't loose anything. Just make sure to not delete any files  and make a backup.

(Mac might be different)

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 13 of 30 (1,793 Views)

★★ Novice

Factory reset worked.

Does that mean restoring my game would break it again?

Message 14 of 30 (1,779 Views)

Hero

Not sure. Could be a issue with the thumb cache files. Just put your saves back and see how it goes.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 15 of 30 (1,776 Views)

Paint by reference turns blank

★ Novice
I have 2 talented painters in my household. I have had them paint many personal items with paint by reference. I recently had them move and all the paint have gone blank. They still have the description and when I put them in my inventory I can see the painting but not when I place it. I really don't want to loose the paintings because I plan to do a wall mural with all the family portraits. I have fixed the game in origins and no luck. Has anyone else had this? Any ideas on how to fix it? Paintings included pregnancy and baby pic, wedding, child and teen, and the elder parents when they were young adults.
Message 16 of 30 (1,772 Views)

Re: Paint by reference turns blank

Hero

@ParkerSimming Are you on a PC or Mac ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 17 of 30 (1,752 Views)

Re: Paint by reference turns blank

★ Novice
I'm on PC.
Message 18 of 30 (1,745 Views)

★ Novice
It's only after I'm done. And it doesn't always happen. I have a few paint my reference painting that are just fine.
Message 19 of 30 (1,741 Views)

★ Novice
I'm on PC. Most of the people replying seem to be having a diffrent issue. I can paint and see what they are doing. I place it on the wall and it's perfect. But when I come back to my game it may be a "blank" canvas. Once it's blank I cannot get it to go back to normal but not all the painting will disappear.
Message 20 of 30 (1,740 Views)