(GTW + Mac) Paintings appear white & photographs black

by Daniel_SimFansDE

Original Post

Accepted Solution

"Paint from Reference" Returns Blank Canvas

★★ Apprentice

Whenever I have a Sim use the "Paint from Reference" interaction that came with the patch, nothing appears on the canvas. The Sims will perform the interaction and make progress on the painting as normal, but nothing will actually appear on the canvas. I tried without any mods or CC, but still had the problem. I also tried "Repair Game" from Origin, but that didn't fix it. Is anyone else having this problem?

Message 1 of 30 (6,194 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: "Paint from Reference" Returns Blank Canvas

[ Edited ]
Hero

With the new patch notes and Zerbu saying it's fixed for him, I'm going to accept this as solved for now.

If anyone still has issues, let me know so we can re-open this.

As of Patch 1.24.102/CL
If you have this issue and are on a mac, please post here: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-Mac/WORKAROUND-MAC-Black-photos/td-p/5660969/jump-to/first-unread-...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 23 of 30 (4,810 Views)

All Replies

Hero

Is it only while you are painting or also once your done ?

I've added

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 30 (6,128 Views)

★★ Apprentice

@crinrict wrote:

Is it only while you are painting or also once your done ?

I've added

It's also once I'm done. The painting is basically completely blank.

Message 3 of 30 (6,117 Views)

"Paint by reference" paintings not saved by game

★★★ Novice

When switching from one game save world with "paint by reference" paintings, to another, the previous worlds paintings carry over into the second world.  So presumably, they are not saved on a by-game basis.

Message 4 of 30 (6,107 Views)

Re: "Paint by reference" paintings not saved by game

Hero

@Tytillean Merged your thread. Although not exactly the same, something seems generally wonky with those paintings

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 5 of 30 (6,098 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I am experiencing the same thing and it happens both during painting and once the painting is finished.

I play with mods, but only for CAS parts.

Message 6 of 30 (6,061 Views)

★★ Novice

I am also experiencing this; the canvas is blank from start to finish, and after completion

Message 7 of 30 (6,042 Views)

(GTW + Mac) Paintings appear white & photographs black

★★★★ Apprentice

I'm having a problem with the GTW Photography Skill, all of my photos appear black. Same with the paintings, If my Sim is drawing a "real" situation that I capture with the new tool they don't appear. Instead I'm getting a white, blank painting as result. tried all photo / painting sizes, with and without filters.

I've tried to put them into the inventory, I've tried to upload und "redownload" them from the gallery into my game, doesn't help. 

I had a pre-access of GTW, because I'm from the German community-site SimFans.de - and there the photography thing worked fine in that version on the same machine. 

I'm on the The Sims 4 for Mac, iMac Retina 5K Display - standard config + 32 GB RAM, GPU: Readon 295X 4GB, all game settings on maximum, retina enabled. I've tried it with lower settings and resolutions and without retina but doesn't helped. OS X 10.10 latest version. 

No Mods / CC installed, latest patch, clearing cached files doesn't help. 

Message 8 of 30 (6,018 Views)

Hero

@ZerbuTabek @Tytillean @Mittywalt @RSWhisper 

Are you guys on PC or Mac ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 30 (6,009 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

alright, I'm only having this issue on the iMac Retina with AMD 295X GPU - Ive tested it on the MBP 2014 with Intel Iris GPU and works how it should. Both run on latest OS X 10.10.3 

http://www.simfans.de/downloads/imacretina.png

http://www.simfans.de/downloads/MBP.png
Message 10 of 30 (5,974 Views)