"Obsolete" buildings and units bug

by TheRealMagoria

Original Post

Highlighted

"Obsolete" buildings and units bug

★★★ Newbie

Product: Command & Conquer Remastered
Platform:Steam-PC
Summarize your bug When using rules.ini and/or aftrmath.ini to change certain "hidden" buildings and units to be constructable, for instance the Hospital, they are unable to be constructed. This might be related to the fact that it does not have an icon suited for the construction sidebar.
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? The units and buildings just appear with a Fake Construction Yard icon with 2000 written in the top and are not clickable in the sidebar. They also don't show a tooltip.
What happens when the bug occurs? Nothing
What do you expect to see? I hope you will look into this in order to maximize the fun potential for modders and old nerds like me Standard smile

Hello

First of all thank you for making this great game and nostalgia trip come true. My issue is a non-critical one, but still something that should be looked into. When using rules.ini to change certain buildings to be buildable, for instance the Hospital, it is unable to be built. This might be related to the fact that it does not have an icon suited for the construction sidebar. This also affects other "hidden" units and structures like the Fake Sub Pen, the General, the Bio-Research Laboratory, misc. walls/fences and various civilian buildings and units. These units and structures did not have an icon in the original Red Alert either, but they were still clickable in the sidebar and able to be constructed.

I hope you will look into this in order to maximize the fun potential for modders and old nerds like me Standard smile

Message 1 of 3 (535 Views)

Re: "Obsolete" buildings and units bug

[ Edited ]
Hero

@TheRealMagoria 

The UI part of the Remaster is a separate part, managed by XML files. Dig into actual modding to fix this.

Though the fact they appear but are not clickable is indeed odd.

Like a lot of people helping out around this place, I am a volunteer, not an EA employee. I'm just here to help. If my answer helped you, please give XP. And if an answer solved your problem, be sure to accept it as solution.
I will not help with game questions sent as private messages; those questions belong on the boards where everyone can see my answers.
Message 2 of 3 (512 Views)

Re: "Obsolete" buildings and units bug

★ Pro
@Nyerguds
Exact thing I ran into originally when I had a Custom Map that makes ANT units buildable, now I have to a whole MOD just to compensate.
Message 3 of 3 (489 Views)