by PoptartJuniper

Original Post

Accepted Solution

"Notification Wall Full" when it isn't

★ Pro

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.68.154.1220
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Island Living, Seasons, Cats & Dogs, City Living, Get Together, Get to Work, Jungle Adventure, Parenthood, Dine Out, Spa Day, Outdoor Retreat, Nifty Knitting, Tiny Living, Backyard, Movie Hangout, Perfect Patio, Holiday
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Launch the game. Also occurs again when loading a save.
What happens when the bug occurs? A "Notification Wall Full" message pops up upon launching the game and again when loading a save.
What do you expect to see? I expect not to see this message, as I have tried both partially and fully clearing the notification wall. It makes no difference.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

This bug began before the Nov. 10 update, at a point when I had made no changes to my gameplay or mods. I tried partially clearing the wall in my main save to well under 200 notifications (I didn't want to lose them all). Didn't work. I repaired the game. Didn't work. I lived with it for a while, hoping the upcoming update would fix it. Then I removed all mods for the Nov. 10 update, updated and repaired the game, then started a new game as a test. Saved the game, loaded it again and the problem persists, even though there are nowhere close to 200 notifications in the new game.

I found an old thread here where someone said the gallery newsfeed was the problem, so I tried clearing most of those notifications. Didn't work.

I can't supply my save file because I don't have a OneDrive or Google Drive account (and don't intend to get one). But hopefully there are others having the same issue who can provide theirs. Or, even better, have resolved the problem.

Message 1 of 12 (2,213 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: "Notification Wall Full" when it isn't

Hero
@PandoraTO Could you try deleting the notify.glob file from your doc folder ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 2 of 12 (2,205 Views)

All Replies

Hero
@PandoraTO Could you try deleting the notify.glob file from your doc folder ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 12 (2,206 Views)

Hero (Retired)

I saw this on PS4 last night. I always keep my notice wall cleared in fear of extra lag, so I was surprised to see the wall pop up that it was full.

Message 3 of 12 (2,200 Views)

★ Pro
@crinrict Yes, it worked! Thank you so,so much!
Message 4 of 12 (2,186 Views)

Hero
@PoptartJuniper Do you have a file like that you could delete on console ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 5 of 12 (2,182 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

@crinrict No. There are no files like that on PS4. If I experience it again I will open a separate report. 

Message 6 of 12 (2,180 Views)

Several "Notification Wall Full" and No Option to Never See it Again

★★★★ Pro

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Svenska
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.72.28.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except Spa Day, Outdoor Retreat, Paranormal Stuff, My First Pet Stuff, Digital Deluxe, and kits.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Get 200 notifications in a save file.
What happens when the bug occurs? Whenever I start a save file with 200 notifications I get several, most often three, notifications saying "Notification Wall Full [...] If you do nothing the oldest notifications will automatically be deleted as new notifications appear [...]".
What do you expect to see? To only get this notification once, and to never see it again if I dismiss it.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

If I dismiss this message, by clicking the close button, I expect that the part of "if you do nothing the oldest notifications will automatically be deleted as new notifications appear" will happen AND that I will never have to see this notification again. Instead this notification pops up every time I start any save file with more than 200 notifications, and it most often happens trice, but sometimes twice or more than trice, I've never seen this notification come as only one. I don't see the point of the notification if I can't choose to ignore it, as the description suggests ("if you do nothing [...]"). I think it's great to not have to remove all notifications at once or to not have to remove single notifications, that the game remove the oldest notifications for me, but it's irritating that the game tells me that it's going to do that three times every time I start the game.

Message 7 of 12 (1,889 Views)

Re: Several "Notification Wall Full" and No Option to Never See it Aga

Hero
@SqueamishNerd Merging your post with the main thread on notifications full messages

Did you delete the notify.glob yet ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 12 (1,879 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Pro

@crinrict  I have now removed the notify.glob file and didn't get any Notification Wall Full notifications when starting the game. Will the notify.glob be generated again if a save file gets 200 notifications, or will the game just start to remove notifications without telling me again?

Message 9 of 12 (1,840 Views)

Hero
@SqueamishNerd It creates right away when you start the game again. It's a global file, not tied to save game.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 12 (1,818 Views)