Re: "Hold to ADS" inconsistent, often unresponsive.

by EA_David

Original Post

Accepted Solution

"Hold to ADS" inconsistent, often unresponsive.

★★★★ Novice

Product: Apex Legends
Platform:PC
Please specify your platform model. PC
AMD or Nvidia Model Number RTX 2080Ti
Enter RAM memory size in GB 16GB
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? One-Bun
Please provide your squad mates' gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name if possible.
Which Legend were you playing (if applicable)?
Which Legends were your squad mates using (if applicable)?
Where did the issue occur? In a match
Which part of the map or menu were you in? If you don't remember the exact name, please describe the area or what you were trying to do in the menu. Everywhere
What were you doing when the issue occurred? E.g. respawning a squad mate at a beacon, using an ability, a squad mate left the game. Trying to ADS
Did your squad mates also experience the issue? Yes
How many matches had you played in a row before the issue occurred? Every match
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm)
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
How severe is your issue? Major impacts to gameplay
What happens when the bug occurs? ADS is inconsistent, often popping in and out of ADS while I'm trying to hold the mouse button down, sometimes ADS doesn't even seem to work at all, and requires a few mouse clicks to even register.
What should be happening instead? Typical "hold to ADS" behavior: ADS while I'm holding the button down
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? ADS with equipped weapon.

I changed the default ADS toggle, to "Hold to ADS" like most other games are configured.

Message 1 of 13 (15,176 Views)

Accepted Solution

Community Manager

@one-bun  Thank you. Can you check and make sure that toggle ADS is completely unbound, and that Hold to ADS only has the one bind?

If this isn't a factor, can you try using another mouse as a test, just to eliminate the possibility of a hardware issue(I have a mouse at home that's fine for general use, but I can't game with it as I get similar issues with RMB)

David.png
Stay and Play.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 13 (15,158 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

@one-bun  Thank you. Can you check and make sure that toggle ADS is completely unbound, and that Hold to ADS only has the one bind?

If this isn't a factor, can you try using another mouse as a test, just to eliminate the possibility of a hardware issue(I have a mouse at home that's fine for general use, but I can't game with it as I get similar issues with RMB)

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 2 of 13 (15,159 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Well, I plugged in an older mouse and I don't seem to be experiencing the same issues.

I don't recall seeing that behavior in other titles though, which is why I believed this to be a game issue.

Message 3 of 13 (15,141 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a8WD4PxuEJg&feature=youtu.be

My hold G and equipping some stuff doesn't work

Fix it! already

Message 4 of 13 (14,799 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Dude, your whole computer seems to barely work. You are getting some dismal frame rates!

Message 5 of 13 (14,793 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hey, I am having a similar issue, no problem in any other games but the hold to ADS is not working at all, it stays on toggle, I am using a Logitech G502. Help would be appreciated

Message 6 of 13 (13,398 Views)

★★★ Newbie
I am having this same exact issue "often popping in and out of ADS while I'm trying to hold the mouse button down, sometimes ADS doesn't even seem to work at all, and requires a few mouse clicks to even register." I use Hold to ADS and as well. Doesnt seem to be hardware issue.
Message 7 of 13 (12,489 Views)

★ Novice

In Addition to the above, it’s only the right mouse button that will cause this issue - rebounding gold to ads to any other button on the mouse will not cause this issue to happen - taser naga 2014  here

Message 8 of 13 (11,899 Views)

★★ Novice

I'm having the same issue. Is there an update to this thread?

Message 9 of 13 (11,368 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

I have the same problem. I tried to play with an other mouse but it is doing the same thing. Do you have some idea to fix it? The two mouses has different marks... For example one is rocket kova and the other is urage that i bought yesterday. I thought my mouse has a problem.

It looks like this, but in apex:

https://youtu.be/jhlpRZwaV4Q

Message 10 of 13 (10,452 Views)