Re: "Hanging Out Plant Pot" wrongly Categorized

by SalixCat

Original Post

★★★★ Guide

Maybe someone from the studio or someone familiar with or close to the decision making process could chime in here. There must be a reason they put this under Miscellaneous Decorations rather than Indoor Plants.

Idk, I think I find the category of Indoor Plants limiting for this item. Consider the Bamboo from the Yoga hobby - why is this item in Miscellaneous Decorations and not Indoor Plants?

Message 11 of 14 (315 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

Reddit discussion

Link

002.png

1100.png

Message 12 of 14 (304 Views)

★★★★ Guide

Thanks for including my Reddit comments in this thread @ani_fl00. I appreciate your thoroughness.

Not to belabor the topic, but I meant to share this earlier. Just a few examples of plants found in other categories.

Plants_in_Other_Categories.jpg

It occurred to me that there must be some kind of hierarchy that the studio uses in order to categorize items. For example, with the "'Drier, Drier' Plants Drier", is it a plant first or a wall decoration first? Which is its more important function? It appears the studio has decided that it is a wall decoration first and foremost.

The same seems to go for the "Hanging Out Plant Pot". Since it serves as a ceiling decoration, they've decided that that is its main function (more so than just being a plant). Of course, because there is no Ceiling Decorations category, this must be why they've included it in Miscellaneous Decorations. Just a guess. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Message 13 of 14 (266 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

First time I was looking for it went straight to the Indoor plants category. Thinking 

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

AHQ Guardian - Volunteer Moderator

Message 14 of 14 (246 Views)