Accepted Solution

"Get top x rank in the Heroic AAT raid" quests not counting with simmed HAAT

Product: Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes
Platform:Android Phone
What type of device are you experiencing the issue with? Google Pixel 4a
OS Version Android 11
Ally Code: (Find it here: http://bit.ly/AllyCode ) 365922849
What type of issue do you have? Missing Rewards
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
Summarize your bug For the Jedi Knight (4/4) Prestigious quest where I need to get rank 10 or higher in the Heroic AAT Raid 5 times, since the raid i simmed by my guild, I randomly, but not always, will get into the top 10 for the raid and increase the quest's counter by one, and other times, despite there being no way for me to do any damage to the raid boss, I will not get the top 10. I experience the same issue with the Jedi Master 1/4) Prestigious quest where I need to get the top 3 3 times, and I will probably experience this issue with the Jedi Master (4/4) Prestigious quest where I need to get rank 1 in the raid.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Run a simmed Heroic AAT raid with ideally 50 people joining, while having the Jedi Knight (4/4) Prestigious quest active.
Connection Type Wifi
Please select your region North America
Country Canada

See the bug report above

Screenshot_20210621-213000.png
Message 1 of 6 (1,004 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: "Get top x rank in the Heroic AAT raid" quests not counting with s

★ Guide

The solution is to ask your guild leaders to run the Tank manually instead of simmed and then to make certain you are in the top 3.

If they say no, then apart from waiting and hoping you will randomly be in the top 3 is to find another guild.

Also, I am warning you in advance about Jedi Master 4/4 - Earn Rank 1 in the HAAT Raid.

Also, I am warning you in advance about (if you have purchased the hyperdrive bundle):

Combat Quest: Hyperdrive: Tank Takedown

Situational Awareness
Destroy the AAT's turret 10 times

Is any of this fair? Nope. It is what it is.

View in thread

Message 2 of 6 (986 Views)

All Replies

★ Guide

The solution is to ask your guild leaders to run the Tank manually instead of simmed and then to make certain you are in the top 3.

If they say no, then apart from waiting and hoping you will randomly be in the top 3 is to find another guild.

Also, I am warning you in advance about Jedi Master 4/4 - Earn Rank 1 in the HAAT Raid.

Also, I am warning you in advance about (if you have purchased the hyperdrive bundle):

Combat Quest: Hyperdrive: Tank Takedown

Situational Awareness
Destroy the AAT's turret 10 times

Is any of this fair? Nope. It is what it is.

Message 2 of 6 (987 Views)

★★★ Newbie

There should be a better way than disabling the sim mode. Particularly if in the past (before activating that quest), the player has already been in the top #3 or even #1. Annoying issue.

Message 3 of 6 (956 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@GornVeynomWhile there "should" be a better way, there isn't. Well over a year before the Tank raid was simmable, I made this potential issue known via the devs Q&As, on the forum, on reddit and discord. I even suggested a possible fix. Designate everyone with rank # 1 and give rank whatever rewards.

I never had any acknowledgement from anyone at CG and now that the tank raid is simmable, I doubt this will ever be "fixed".

Option # 1 - Run the tank raid manually
Option # 2 - Wait until you are in the top 10 / 3 / 1 at random.
Option # 3 - Go to another guild that is not simming.
Option # 4 - Give up on the tank related quests.

Message 4 of 6 (939 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@LendersQuiz Indeed, it is a design flaw.
Providing simming capability to this raid is good, not thinking about impact on quests is mis-design. And the workaround you provide are workarounds, just that. Standard smile

Your proposal to design all participants to a sim raid as rank #1 upon completion is indeed the right design answer. Probably "all too easy", according to EA.
Message 5 of 6 (927 Views)

★ Novice

@LendersQuiz wrote:

@GornVeynomWhile there "should" be a better way, there isn't. Well over a year before the Tank raid was simmable, I made this potential issue known via the devs Q&As, on the forum, on reddit and discord. I even suggested a possible fix. Designate everyone with rank # 1 and give rank whatever rewards.

I never had any acknowledgement from anyone at CG and now that the tank raid is simmable, I doubt this will ever be "fixed".

Option # 1 - Run the tank raid manually
Option # 2 - Wait until you are in the top 10 / 3 / 1 at random.
Option # 3 - Go to another guild that is not simming.
Option # 4 - Give up on the tank related quests.

Yes, great advice, I've achieved other feats like this and was going with option 2, in the simmed haat raid. Was wondering if that worked here. Good to know it does.

Furthermore, like you mentioned in another post, this method won't help me to destroy the turret 10 times, I have to boom out to a guild that is participating in the manual haat event, if I can't get my guild to change their ways when I get to that the final phase.

Also, thank you for pointing out that this last part is hyperdrive dependant. Always nice to know the mechanics of the game.

Message 6 of 6 (242 Views)