"Gain knowledge from an elder" quest can't be completed.

by CarenKM

Original Post

Accepted Solution

"Gain knowledge from an elder" quest can't be completed.

★★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims Mobile
Platform:Apple iPhone
List the specific devices you play with (e.g. iPhone 6s Plus, Samsung Galaxy S7) iPhone 8
OS Version iOS 11.4.1
Player ID: (Find your Player ID in Sims Mobile: https://help.ea.com/help/the-sims/the-sims-mobile/find-your-player-id-in-the-sims-mobile ) 1003373332976
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? There is a quest says "Gain Knowledge from an elder" by completing a Family Event with an elder. I have made the daughter sim have friendship with the Father sim who is an elder, however, the quest is still here and won't be completed. There is no special event says its a Family event for me to choose from. How can i finish the quest?
What do you expect to see? the completion of the quest.
Connection Type Mobile
Please select your region Asia
Country Macau
Additional feedback

There is a quest says "Gain Knowledge from an elder" by completing a Family Event with an elder. I have made the daughter sim have friendship with the Father sim who is an elder, however, the quest is still here and won't be completed. There is no special event says its a Family event for me to choose from. How can i finish the quest?

Message 1 of 29 (20,540 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: "Gain knowledge from an elder" quest can't be completed.

[ Edited ]
★ Expert

I still there is a 3 event limit. I only have two kids in the house right now. I got 3 events this morning with two kids. My first kid was a toddler, the second baby. I did the toddler and the baby mentoring. Right after I did the baby, a cake popped up for him and I got a new mentoring event. Now I have two toddlers

View in thread

Message 20 of 29 (21,878 Views)

All Replies

★ Expert

@CarenKM Dose your retired sim have a family bubble over over their head? When you get that bubble you have different options when you click on it. You can do friendship actions but there should also be mentoring in hobby or career option where you earn an heirloom ticket reward . Look at the different options and make sure you choose the heirloom ticket reward option 

Message 2 of 29 (20,528 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
Thanks for your reply. There is no bubble on my retired sim’s head, will the bubble show up itself when time passes or I needa do sth first in order to let that bubble show up?
Message 3 of 29 (20,523 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
Or do I needa choose the same hobby or career as the elder’s in order to let the mentoring option show up?
Message 4 of 29 (20,521 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Expert

no, your sim can have a different hobby or career . The elder will mentor in any hobby or career. The elder will stay in your game for 5 days before permanently retiring and leaving your game. They will take their place in the family portrait after 5 days. You should get the mentoring options for 5 days until the sim leaves the game. When the elder gets a cake over their head you click on the cake and they will leave the game 

Message 5 of 29 (20,515 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
but it has already been 2 days and the bubble or mentoring options is still no show. is it a bug here?
Message 6 of 29 (20,504 Views)

★ Expert

You can miss the quest if you don't look. I did that this morning. I meant to do the mentoring and did a friendship quest instead. Right after I got my sim's retirement birthday cake so I lost out on my heirloom ticket.

Are you saying your not getting the mentoring bubble ? In the bubble it has grandparent holding a child's hand . You than have to look at all your options and make sure you choose the mentoring option with the heirloom and not friendship 

Message 7 of 29 (20,498 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
I have never seen a bubble like that - grandparents holding a child’s hand Frown I’m now keeping my eyes on the elder sim and the only thoughts I see are different irrelevant emojis lol
Message 8 of 29 (20,496 Views)

★ Expert

If your not getting that bubble, you have a game bug. Sometimes my bubbles show up and sometimes they don't . They tend to not show up if I have a bunch of kids in the house that also have mentor options. Sometimes my kid's bubble's don't work either. 

Message 9 of 29 (20,487 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
I have 3 kids in the house and that might be the problem. Maybe I should contact the EA help.
Message 10 of 29 (20,481 Views)