Re: "Gain knowledge from an elder" quest can't be completed.

by CarenKM

Original Post

★★★★★ Novice
Oh but that is weird because today all my 3 kids popped up event bubble, and I finished all. Then one of the toddler popped out a cake and I made it an adult. If that is the case which birthday is counted as one, I had finished 4 events.
Message 21 of 29 (804 Views)

★ Expert

The cake does not count as an event. Only the teaching your kids where you get an heirloom reward count so you got 3 events. Because I only have two kids I got to do a baby and two toddler events.  I did the baby event he then popped out of the bassinet and it then gave him a toddler event too. My other toddler just got his toddler event. 

Message 22 of 29 (782 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
So today my elder mentoring option finally popped up. So u were right! Its the 3 events cap! Thanks!
Message 23 of 29 (764 Views)

★ Expert

Glad it popped up. Again this morning I got 3. I retired a sim and still have 2 children

Message 24 of 29 (746 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★★ Novice
But strangely, today my retired sim’s bubble also popped up, but again there is no mentering option! But I have only did one event today which is from a toddler.
Message 25 of 29 (715 Views)

Could you have a peek under the friendly interaction, you would have to scroll down for more option and then choose friendly options. 

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

Message 26 of 29 (693 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
Yeah I did but there is no mentoring option, but today it appeared again. I noticed that the game will restart itself in the beginning of everyday. Normally is around 12:00am. And the bubbles pop up after the game restarted. And if the elder is in an event, the bubble won’t show up and will only show up after the event is finished. But there will have no mentoring option to select although it pops back up.
Message 27 of 29 (686 Views)

Thanks for checking, we have a but report on that issue:
https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Open-Family-Elder-Event-isn-t-showing-up/td-p/6926345

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

Message 28 of 29 (678 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@CarenKM Me too! I have retired both parents and two siblings and have never seen the bubble (nor have I seen the retirement birthday, what’s that??)
Message 29 of 29 (523 Views)